Chapter 15(Tris/Tobias P.O.V.)

~Tris~

I feel the raw anticipation begin to course through my veins. Last time I felt free of everything and I want to feel that again. Tonight of all nights. The gang and I go into the elevator up to the 100th floor. As the floor number rises, I notice that Tobias is getting more and more nervous but is hiding it well. I only know because he takes my hand and holds it tightly, I notice it's slightly sticky with sweat. There is a ding as the elevator doors open and we open a door to the roof. I breath in the night air. I give Tobias' hand a reassuring squeeze and lead him to the edge. We look out at the semi-destroyed city. There are only faint outlines of buildings, some with lit up window. Must be the erudite. Stupid Noses.

"Who wants to go first?" Zeke asks.

"I do! I honestly don't know how I was here this long and didn't know about this," answers Christina stepping forward. Zeke secures her in the sling and gives her a shove sending her whizzing down the line. Her thrilled screams fill the air and fade as she disappears into the jungle of buildings.

"I'll go next," says Will. They are so cute. I smile to myself at the thought. Christina deserves this. Will goes flying down the line. He is screaming too, but it's easy to tell that his screams are more in fear than happiness. Uriah goes. Then Marlene. Then Shauna. It is finally my turn. I wanted to stay with Tobias as long as possible. Zeke secures the straps around me.

"Remember, you guts gotta undo this buckle here and you'll drop down."

"I remember, Zeke. Now let me fly!" I say, spreading out my arms. He laughs and shoves me as hard as he can. I hoot and holland in joy. The wind whipping around me. I feel weightless. I feel free. I feel for wince I've let go of all my worries. All too soon I see my friends form a net of arms below. Getting hold of the buckle, I wait until the right time to let myself fall. Just before I whiz over them I drop down. Elbows and wrist bones jab into my back on impact. But I honestly don't care. I feel like I'm on a cloud. A couple minutes later Tobias comes whizzing into view. We form the net of arms again to break his fall. When he stands up, he is breathing heavily, pale, and shaking. I laugh softly and pull him into a hug.

"You did it." I whisper in his ear. I feel him nod. I pull back and kiss him. His strong arms snake around my waist pulling me closer. I smile and break away when I hear Uriah shout, "NO PDA!". I take Tobias' hand and we all make our way back to the trains.

----------

~Tobias~

I. Am. Never. Ever. Doing. That. Again. That was purely a one time only thing for Tris. He r head now rests on my chest, sound asleep. I smile at how peaceful she looks. I brush some stray strands of her blonde hair out of her face and kiss her on her forehead.

-T I M E L A P S E-

The train nears the compound and I don't want to wake my still sleeping Tris. I pick her up bridal style and hop off the train after the others. Surprisingly she doesn't wake up at the motion. I carry her back to my apartment and lay her down on the bed. I take off her jacket and boots so she is more comfortable and tuck her in under the blankets before climbing in myself. I wrap my arms around her waist in a protective manner and fall asleep thinking, "Tomorrow I will ask her."

A/N Thank you for being so patient with me on this one. I'm excited about whats coming next so I'll write the next chapter tomorrow. It'll be nice and long. I told you if put my twitter, instagram, and kik here on my last update thing. Today I'll just give you the Instagram account and tomorrow I'll give y'all my twitter and kik. And I don't think I say this enough(much less ever said it) but thank you to those of you who have read my story and followed and voted and commented and all that jazz. It means a lot. I never thought this story would ever get as much attention as it has.

Instagram- @newtsdemise