Chapter 9: The truth

A/N: "Well, that happened."

Ghost: "They lost an arm."

A/N: "Correction, almost. Almost lost a arm."
—————————————————————————
Third person

All Might comms: "Your indoor combat training is over. The hero team wiiiiins!"

The students in the observation room looked in shock at the aftermath. Iida was helping Uraraka as she nearly threw up. Bakugo stood there in shock as Midoriya and F/N laid on the ground knocked out.

Kaminari: "What a weird way for this to end. The losing team is nearly untouched, while the winners are all on the ground."

Tokoyami: "How does the old saying go? They may have lost the battle but they won the war."

Asui: "This class is intense."

After a while All Might made his way to the building with the students. He stood there and watched as Midoriya and F/N were carried out on stretchers. Bakugo, not moving from where he stood was shaking. Consumed by his own thoughts of being made a fool. Beginning to hyperventilate he was stopped when All Might put a hand on his shoulder.

All Might: "Young Bakugo, cool your jets. Let's go review your work. Whether you win or lose you can always take something away from an experience like this. As long as your open to learning."

Bakugo didn't respond as they went back to the observation room. The remaining conscious participants stood in a line and waited for their teacher's verdict.

All Might: "Well despite the results, the MVP of this exercise is young Iida."

Some of the students were in shock along with Iida who looked confused.

Asui: "Shouldn't it be one of the hero's instead? Since their the winners?"

All Might: "Valid question. Why didn't I choose one of those three. How has a guess."

Momo: "Sir I can tell you why. Iida embraced this challenge; he was the closest to adapt to his assigned role. I'll explain, Bakugo's judgment was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As you suggested earlier, launching a full scale attack indoors was a poor move. It could have been disastrous. Similarly Midoriya's plan was also poorly thought out. Considering the amount of damage he received. He rendered himself helpless. Not smart. As for Uraraka, she let her guard down mid battle and her final attack was far too helpless given the hypocritical case. If she had treated the weapon as real, she would never have used such an imprecise move. F/N was close but not close enough. While he did strategize and used his quirk effectively to defend his allies and to attack his opponents, in the end it made himself in no condition to go on. Iida on the other hand was ready for his role. He was ready for his opponents arrival and had a strategy and never lost sight of his mission to protect the dummy weapon. Even if he was foiled in the end."

Iida looked happy and proud of himself as she spoke.

Momo: "While the hero's took advantage of that this was training. They didn't respect the spirit of the trail."

All Might looked a bit shocked at her analysis.

All Might: (This girl has a good eye on her.)

All Might: "Well yes you got a few things. Young Iida could have relaxed a bit in the experience, but otherwise you nailed it."

Momo: "One should start with the basics and devote full effort to learning. That's the only top way of becoming a hero."

All Might: "Anyway time to blow this joint and move on to the next match. Think about everything we saw and discuss as you tackle this training for yourself."