"Huh..." Natsu thinks about it for a moment. "That does seem far down!"

"Aye, sir..."

They continue waking after that, falling into the same routine as before, except there weren't as many wizards jumping at the chance to attack them at any moment.

Wow, Natsu thought to himself whilst running along with the rest of them. This underground-area is more confusing than its ground level! Seems like this place belongs in a circus or something...

"Hng," The lion spirit suddenly grunted and fell behind, causing the others to get startled and turn towards him.

Loke was leaning against the nearest wall, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead.

"Loke...?!" All four of them gasp at the sight of their weakened friend.

The spirit begins to flicker, losing his solid form. "Something's wrong." And with that Loke disappears, leaving the room with a deadly and stunning silence.

"What the..." Natsu stared at the empty spot where Loke once was it shock. The urgency of the mission suddenly coming back to him—what're we doing running around endlessly like buffoons?? We need to rescue Lucy and her son quickly!!

"We need to move faster," Erza announces loudly, breaking the deafening quiet in the room. The same sense of urgency was in her voice as in Natsu's thoughts.

"Seems like our plans had already taken effect." A sudden voice booms, drawing the attention of the Fairytail mage's who attempt to seek out the direction of which it was coming from.

Natsu began to sniff the air. I don't recognize that scent—two scents—most likely enemies.

"Show yourself, you cowards!"

Two figures emerge from their hiding spots, a male and female duo. Both mages belonging to Serpent's Wing --a guild mark on the dark-haired female's exposed torso, and one on the forearm of the blue-haired male.

"It's too late to stop our plans now you pesky Fairies." The girl comments, her stance becoming threatening as if she was ready for a fight.

"Natsu, Happy, go on without us," Erza commands, her eyes heavily focused on the two opponents. "Gray and I will handle them. You two save Lucy and Luke."

"Bu-"

"You heard her, flame brain. We can handle this." The ice-make mage interupts.

"Ya, but-" Natsu had a second of doubt, unwilling to leave more friends behind. We could take care of them quicker with all four of us.

"GO."

Natsu didn't need to be told for the third time. Erza's stern voice was proof of that. Within the second Happy had grabbed Natsu by the hem of his vest and they safely continued on. Erza and Gray's enemies didn't seem to mind, itching for a one on one fight of their own.

***

The newly added keys seem to glow in place. Meaning any celestial spirit outside its gate had been forced to return. Lucy stared weakly at Luke's keys, knowing it was the sign that they had lost.

"Open the gate." Aizen began to urge the two celestial mages, on their knees across from one another within the magical runes and keys set up. Aizen was getting impatient, in his mind his plan was justified and he could see now issue arising at this point, after all, now he finally had all the pieces. "The gate, the twelve keys, two strong celestial wizards. I have it all. You will obey!" Aizen frustratingly yells whilst Yukino and Lucy give each other looks of unease.

The last time we had been in this situation we were never forced. It was about the greater good, now...this just feels wrong. Lucy began thinking about the predicament in her mind, over and over. As well as the outcome of this endeavour. On the other hand...If Yukino and I were to open the gate for him, wouldn't the Spirit King me on our side?

Lucy's eyes caught Yukino's and they both seemed to be in agreement. They nodded to each other. They were both on the same page. Despite what Aizen claims--the King is on his side, the two celestial mages tasked with completing the ritual thought otherwise. Perhaps the nightmare could end with the opening to the celestial spirit realm.

The blonde links her hands with the white-haired mage, their eyes closed in concentration, their foreheads pressed together. We'll do this to end the madness.

Aizen grinned at them, realizing the two were starting the ceremony. He was pleasantly surprised that they hadn't put up more of a fight. On the other hand, the blonde brat had other opinions.

"No...!" Luke screamed while kicking and screaming in the arms of the dark wizard. "D-don't do it!" It took all of Lucy's willpower to ignore her son's pleads. "Y-you can't!!!" His words became a jumbled mess as tears ran down his face and snot from his nose.

Her eyes still shut, Lucy gave in and responded. "Everything will be alright, Luke," She answers softly, wanting to be strong for the sake of her seven-year-old. "I love you."

***

Natsu's POV

       It's just me and Happy at this point, the scenery hasn't changed much. There was no windows or other sources of outdoor light, everything was dark lit—which was fine since I was relying on my sense of smell anyway. I could easily smell Luce, she was here.
Her enriching scent was close by and that angered me. What I was more angered by was my carelessness which resulted in Luke getting kidnapped as well—for some reason had this strong urge to protect that kid.

"Wow," Happy spoke up after awhile of flying alongside me. "I wonder how deep underground we are, considering this Guild is built in a mountain."

"Tch, I don't care about that." My mind felt only focused on my goal, which was to save the two blonde damsel in distresses'. Although I can admit that this basement area is huge

"You, know Natzu..." the blue exceed says, using the same voice he'd use to constantly taunt Lucy. "It's funny. Luke must've been rubbing off on you during such a short period of time,"

"Hm?"

"Since you've been spending so much time together you act so much alike—he even has your appetite for food!"

Ya, that's true. But it doesn't surprise me a seven year old would enjoy eating, I mean who wouldn't?

"What'd that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing~"

***
Ending the chapter a little shorter than planned because I wanted to publish this soon ;-;
Sorry for the slow burn that is Natsu and Lucy's reunion :P it is coming!!