Chapter 4: A Road Trip of Introductions

HEY GUYS! I was gonna realese this chapter like a few weeks ago, but I had a lot of homework to do that I kinda forgot to finish this chapter. So I'm sorry for the delay.

Oh, and sorry for the crappy title for this chapter. I was trying to come up with a good title and... this is what came out of my brain. And check out my other story: 'FNiA VR: HELP WANTED - A virtual Paradise or A Living Nightmare' and I promise you, that it will be good when I release the next chapter.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll see you all next time, bye!

~*****~

"Alright buddy, you better start talking right now! Who are you? What are you!?" She demanded, as they were exiting the entrance to Ponyville.

"I'm a hedgehog, I feel like that's obvious" Sonic said "And I'm in big trouble."

"Oh you're in trouble? You're not the one who punched some government wako back there!" Rainbow argued.

"You think you have problems? I lost my rings!"

"Rings...? What are you talking about?!" Rainbow asked in confusion.

"Ok, rings are how all advanced cultures travel between worlds, and now mine are on top of a pointy building I've only ever seen on your skin-tight t-shirt." Sonic explained.

"Hey!" Rainbow exclaimed.

"So, I'd like you to take me to Canterlot City so I can get my rings and use them to go to the Mushroom Planet." Sonic said.

"Mushroom Planet?" Rainbow said.

"YES!" Sonic yelled in distress.

"Yeah... Right." She said quietly as she parked the Truck on the side of the road. She turns off the Truck and opens the door for Sonic to hop out. "Ok pal, out you go."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Look, this is actually the worst possible time for me to get into trouble ok?! You asked me to save your life, I saved your life. So please, go find your rings and your mushroom land. Hopefully I'm gonna wake up in my room and pretend that this is all a messed up dream, ok? So goodbye." Rainbow said.

"Ok, goodbye."

"Goodbye."

Sonic slowly slides out of the truck and stands there in silence. Rainbow starts to give him the look.

"Why aren't you leaving?!" Rainbow asks.

"I don't know where Canterlot City is!" Sonic replies annoyed.

"It's west."

"West?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah, straight shot. You can't miss it." She said.

"Fine. That's cool. I'm totally cool saying goodbye now." After he said that, he runs off at high speeds while Rainbow looks in disbelief.

A few seconds go by and Sonic comes back with his fur all wet, a few seaweed all around him, and a fish on top of his head. And he does not look happy.

"So, as I crashed into the cold, dark water of the Pacific. I realized a few things. A) I have no idea where I'm going. B) Salt water stings. C) I shouldn't be on this planet right now, but I am. Why? Because you shot me!" Sonic said.

"I know..."

"YOU SHOT ME!" he yelled dramatically.

"Ok! I heard you the first time you don't have to... pile it on, good grief." Rainbow yelled back before she calmed down and sighs slightly.

"I'm wet, I'm cold, there's a fish on my head! And clearly I'm not gonna be able to do this on my own." Sonic pleaded.

Rainbow looks back at him as the fish he has on his head falls off. She took a moment to think about this. If her friends were here, they would go on board with this and help this little blue creature. She then looks back to Sonic, who was waiting patiently for her response.

"Alright, get in the truck." She tells him.

"Really?! You're gonna help me?!" Sonic asked excitedly. He shakes off all the water and seaweed off of him, which in result got his fur all poofy.

"I... guess it is a little bit of my fault that all of this is happening to you..." She admits.

"Not a little bit. Entirely. It is entirely your fault-"

"Okay, it's entirely my fault. Are you coming or not?"

"Yes." He shakes himself and his fur is back to normal. He hops back inside and closes the door. "ROAD TRIP! WOO-HOO!" Sonic yelled excitedly as he started looking at the road in all directions. Rainbow just sighs in annoyance.

"What am I doing...?"

~*****~

And so, they're back on the road again. On their way to Canterlot City to recover the little blue hedgehog's rings. As she drove through the mountains, she decided to make a few points to the blue hedgehog during the so-called 'Road trip' that they were in.

"Alright, there's gonna be rules on this trip. I'm actually not the type of person to make these kinds of rules, but I think they are necessary right now. So, number 1: Do exactly as I say all the time. Got it?"

"Got it Rainbow Lady."

"Will you stop with the 'Rainbow Lady' thing! It's not my actual name. It's Rainbow Dash."

"I'm Sonic." He said proudly

"Sonic... Sonic." She repeated his name so that she wouldn't forget. "So you've been spying on me and my friends for years?"

"I mean I wouldn't call it 'spying', we were all just hanging out only I wasn't invited and no one knew I was there." He explains while trying not to sound like he was a creepy stalker.

"I can't believe that Crazy Cranky Doodle was right all this time." She said in Disbelief.

"Yeah, you should call him 'Super Observent Cranky Doodle' instead."

"Uh-huh.."

The moment of silence didn't last long as Sonic looks out the window and gasps.

"OH MY GOD! Stop the car right now!" Sonic said as he leans out the window to get a better look.

"What?! Why?!"

"The world's largest rubber band ball?! We gotta see it!" Sonic said excitedly.

"No. No. This is not some fun family road trip, okay? The government wants to dissect you! And arrest me! This is serious."

Sonic doesn't listen to her as he was giving her the look and took off, but comes back a second later with a red and white cap, and three rubber band balls.

"Eh, you're right, it was lame. Gift shop was cool though." He then pulls out a sign that said "I LOVE RUBBER BANDS".

"I got you a mouse pad. When are we gonna get there?" he said in a fast pace, as he pulled out a paddle ball and started hitting it fast over and over again.

"We'll get there when we get there." She said sternly. But Sonic just kept on hitting the ball and staring at Rainbow. She then sighs as she looks back at the road.

'This is going to be a long trip.'