Chapter 12

I woke up sore as hell, making me groan in pain and sit up slowly. I grabbed my throat and back which hurt the worse, and then I hear Angelo say, "Hurting kitten."

I looked at him and saw him plus Giovanni. What were they even doing anyway, I wonder? They are both dressed in suits, so they are going somewhere but what, and that was a very dumb question. I slipped out of bed, making him growl because I am Giovanni's shirt but count it as revenge Angelo.

I put my head back and groaned as I went to the bathroom to start the bathtub. They followed me, and Giovanni moved my hair to look at my neck to say: "Say something, babe, please, I want to see how your voice is just to see."

"Where are you two going" I whispered. I tried to say, but it came out a whisper. Angelo came over and said, "Well seems you won't be talking for a bit be she did say that and not to talk for a bit. We are going to talk about everything going, but we will wait for you, plus Giovanni is staying with you. You are still weak, kitten, so I will let you go so you can relax."

Angelo left, making me take my clothes off with Giovanni's help, and I am too sore to stop Giovanni honestly so let him. I got in the tub and turned the jet on as Giovanni said: "You need to wash up to Ava."

"I will tonight if I am up to it, Giovanni," I whispered. He sighed and ducked my head, so my hair got wet then started to clean my hair. I sighed and didn't fight him because I just want to relax right now, not get clean, to be honest. Giovanni finished my hair, then helped me stand and made me clean my body, making me growl. I am still mad at him, and this won't fix it period.

Once I finished, I dried off with Giovanni's help and brushed my hair out. When I finished, I went to the closet with Giovanni, who grabbed me underwear as I went to my clothes. I grabbed leggings, tank top, and a champion sweatshirt with shoes. Not in the mood for fancy clothes or anything like that. Giovanni walked over and helped me get dressed, making me growled, but he said, "Ava, I know your mad at me, but let me help you. You are hurting, and the more you do, the longer it will take you to heal."

Giovanni is right, making sigh and shake my head yes. Giovanni smiled and kissed me before we started for his office. I looked at him and said, "I will meet you at the office, Giovanni, I am going to get a drink."

I started to leave, but he followed me to the kitchen. Ugh, why is he following to kitchen? Have they not finished looking threw the house yet or no. I know I don't feel good but still following me around the house. What is going on? Then again I do feel weak as hell.

I sighed as Giovanni got me a glass and juice making me grab it to take a drink, then we went to his office where his family was. I sat down as Angelo looked at me with lust and said: "Ok, so let's talk."

"I did some research last night from what I found Mia was meeting with Max secretly, but I don't know why? Max also has been living with Dante since the incident," his dad said. So my ex is trying to kill me, making me say, "So my ex is trying to kill me."

"More like Giovanni, but you are his soon to be wife, and there is another problem being you aren't there wife You don't have the family protection," Angelo said. I laid back and groaned. Of course, why can't I go back to my normal life without Max and Mia, of course? I sat up and said, "But that one guy.."

"They know you are theirs meaning you are off-limits, but it doesn't mean you have protection," their mom said. Angelo leaned on Giovanni's desk and said, "We are going to have you sign the marriage papers, but we aren't going to have the wedding yet until everything settles down. I am having you only marrying me for now. Giovanni is a target, and being married to him put a hit on you even more then there is kitten."