Chapter 6

Olive

I jolt out of bed "PLEASE" I scream in agony and grab at my beating heart. Breathe they're gone and that's okay you don't need them. I ease myself back down. I turn my head - 5:00 AM.  Wow I got 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep. That's a new record. I jump out of bed, excited to see Adam. 

Today I want to make Adam desire me. Now that he knows I exist I want to keep his full attention. I take a quick shower and dress for the day.

I pair it with a pair of white sneakers and a jean jacket to keep it casual

I pair it with a pair of white sneakers and a jean jacket to keep it casual. Just before I head out I make sure to pack the brownies for Adam in my bag.

I start up my car to pick up Adam. I don't even put his address in the GPS cause I already know where it is. I text him once I'm outside. My knee's constantly bouncing up and down from nervousness. I'm close my eyes trying to control my breathing when Adam yanks the passenger door open and almost gives me a heart attack. "Good morning! Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he beams as he climbs in. "I-it's okay" I stutter looking at him lustfully. God he's delectable. His hair is still wet from his shower and he smells so good I want to lick him. "Um wanna start driving" he asks averting his eyes. I whip my head around and jolt the car forward from pressing the pedal too hard. "Haha sorry" my voice breaks. I immediately press buttons on my phone to start playing Spotify. The awkward silence was killing me. Let's just say the car ride to school did not go as I had hoped. The minute I parked out front he jets into school, dismissing me with a quick "Thanks, see ya." I sit in my car and let my head hang low. I can't let THAT be our last interaction. I hear a knock on my window. I look out to see Lilly on her phone waiting. Not today.

I ignore her and continue to just seat in my car. She knocks harder. When I look out again I actually make eye contact with her for the first time ever. I say nothing and just give her the finger and continue to sit in my car. "Bitch, get out of the car! We need to go to class." I hear her muffled yell. 

I purposely open my car door, pushing it hard enough to knock the wind out of her. "Bitch, leave me alone. I don't even fucking know you." I angrily whisper and power walk away. As I walk away I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Walking in late to school I race to go get my books in my locker. As I turn the corner I freeze.  Right in front of me is Adam...making-out with I believe her name is Sarah. Who new it was possible to have a full mental shutdown but still be able to function physically. On autopilot I still manage to quietly walk pass them and sneak into the girls bathroom. 

Welp. That fucking sucks. I look at myself in the mirror and just burst out laughing. Of course this would happen to me. As a waterfall of tears roll down my face I try to catch my breath from the laughing fit I can't seem to shake. Oh no.....have I finally reached my limit of heart breaks, damaged beyond repair? I hold my stomach in pain from my belly laughs. I can't believe I actually thought I'd have a chance at happiness. "HAHAH HAHAHA P-PLEASE AHAHA MAKE IT S-HAHAHA S-STOP AHAHAHAHA" I scream laughing, doubling-over in pain.  I hear the door burst open but can't see who it is. I reach out "HAHAHA P-P AHAHA PLEASE HELP HAHAHA" I say still stuck looking at the floor. "I HAHAHA CAN'T S-STOP HAHAHAHAHHAH" 

"What's so funny?" they question. I whip my head up, so they can see my face contorted in pain "NOTHING HAHAHAHAHA I-I'M AHAHAHA SCARED HAHAH" I plead. My vision is blurred from my tears so I can't make out who it is. "Oh Oh-my god okay. Let me go get a teacher" they run out.