"And an apostrophe."

Niesha sounded her agreement as she took a sip from the Magic Potion coffee spot across the street.

"Uh," Tulip placed her hand on her hip as the Apple insignia lit up the thin screen. "You didn't get your boyfriend to bring me a coffee." She teased.

Niesha tsked, "Lachlan is not my boyfriend." She rolled her eyes with a quirk to her full lips. Everything on her was full. God wasn't stingy when he crafted Neisha Wright and she flaunted all her curves. Her plump thighs kissed each other under the African print pant, her D-cups were held firmly up by the Fenty lingerie she splurged on last month and hidden behind the simple grey t-shirt. A crown braid magnified the beauty of her thick, coily tresses on full display. "We're just friends. He doesn't see me that way."

"Mother fucka, what?" Tulip quipped at the end of a laugh. "Are you senile? That Irish fucker delivers you a coffee every damn morning without fail? He'd bring you an acai bowl for lunch if you asked. Shit, I bet you wouldn't even have to ask just fucking look hungry and he'd dot this damn door."

Neisha couldn't fight her own laugh then nodded her chin to the door, "We're open. Our clients don't know you swear like a pimp Across a hundred and tenth street."

Tulip swatted her words away with a flick of her hand, "I know how to code-switch, thank-you very much." She flashed a sweet, dazzling smile.

"That's what got us the Patal wedding,"

"And your love for Bollywood."

Neisha nodded, "Told you my love for subtitles would come in handy."

"When you're right, you're right." She joined her at the table, "But I'm not looking at another three-hour movie with dancing and singing. I like my movies with slashers or superheroes with fight sequences."

"I'm going to force-feed you culture every chance I get."

Tulip sighed knowing her friend was going to do just that, "I need to touch base with the Garcia's." She picked up one of the many mood boards lining the table. "See, if Marisol is still loving teal."

"She probably doesn't. She probably wants to switch back to the cream tablecloths."

"I'm calling today and I'm going to sincerely and concrete express that this must be the final decision. "The retirement party is in two weeks. I can't play around."

Neisha nodded with her sight trained on their twitter feed. Tulip left all things technology to her and Neisha left all things related to decor and up her.  "We're almost to a million followers on Insta."

"Good." Tulip did her happy dance that involved a whole lot of thrusting.

Neisha's bubbly infectious laugh filled the space."You silly."

"I know. It's fun." She invaded her friend's space, dancing all up on her. The two were sisters with different parents, no one could tell her otherwise.

The door swung open and a well-dressed mature man sauntered in. Tulip fixed her form but it was too late the man's face was around twisted from the boisterous display.

"I'm looking for a Tulip Carpenter." He stern stated.

"That's me." Tulip stepped forward flicking a stray braid back over her shoulder. "How can I help you?"

"I need to speak with you." He's hard eyes went to Neisha then quickly back to her. "In private. It's a sensitive topic."

"It's cool," Tulip nervously chuckled, glancing back at her friend.

He narrowed his eyes then went on, "It's about the baby you put up for adoption ten years ago."

"Ah...Oh. Um..." Tulip flinched at the words. "We can talk..." She looked around for a private space to usher the man off too but there was none in the open floorplan that dazzled her upon first sight.

"I need a refill," Niesha said shaking her cup, droplets of coffee sprouted out and slapped the floor. "I'll bring you a cold mocha macchiato back." She hustled to the door.

Tulip was thankful for her friend's gesture then trained her attention back on the man, "What's this about the baby?"

"Her mom, unfortunately, passed away." He dryly told with as much sympathy as a funeral director. "She left her to you."

"The fuck?" She blinked at the man. As he repeated the words she stood there frozen unable to get out another word or a coherent thought.

This had to be the worst fucking Friday of her life. She didn't know an open adoption came with a return policy also.

How do you think the rest of Tulip's Friday is going to go?

What do you call a 'booty call' that's a text?

Do you think Niesha is being oblivious or his Lachlan just being friendly and nice?

Is Tulip right about not upgrading her wheels to something new and shiny?