t e n (😀)

(yoyo its chapter ten teehee)

y/n's pov
before i knew it, the weekend had rolled around. saturday was the day chenle and i had decided to hang out. he said he would be here around 12:00 and it's about 11:30am, so that gives me enough time to do everything i need to do.

chenle was the seventh non-recipient of my love letters, i still think the same way i did back then. getting butterflies when he's around me,

but i also feel butterflies when i'm with the others.

those feelings will always be at the back of my mind, because zhong chenle had my heart once upon a time. whenever i go out with friends, i never really cared as much as i care now about what i'm wearing.

i checked the what the weather was like today, it said it would be warm and a little windy, so i decided on a yellow dress that stopped just above me knee that was covered in little white flowers. remembering that i had a certain amount of time before i had to go downstairs, i put on the dress, applying light makeup before heading downstairs, meeting johnny.

"whoa, where are you going?" johnny asked, mouth full of cereal. "chenle and i are riding bikes today." i smiled before slipping on my shoes and swinging my small crossbody bag on, saying goodbye to johnny. i tolf him that i'd be home around 6 or 7 before i shut the door.

i stood beside my small blue bike, looking around the street, not seeing chenle. as i pulled out my phone, a bell rung, catching my attention and looking up. it was the boy himself, zhong chenle.

"hey chenle." i smiled happily waving at him as he stopped in front of me. "hey," chenle greeted, "you ready to go?" he added with a smile. i nodded in response before slipping my phone into my bag and getting onto my bike, following him.

soon enough, we had arrived at the mall. we decided to leave our bikes at the entrance of the shopping centre.

"where do you wanna go first?" i asked, lightly gripping the strap of my bag. "you can pick." chenle smiled before walking beside me. "i'm indecisive and you're not helping." i giggled, looking up at the taller boy and studying the small details on his face.

you're so perfect, chenle.

"hello? y/n? you're allowed to take photos of me, you know that right?" chenle teased, taking me out of my thoughts. i felt my cheeks flush red, which only made him laugh harder at me. "s-stop laughing at me!" i stammered before laughing as well. after we had calmed down from the excitement, chenle suggested that we go to the arcade and i agreed.

"y/n?" the taller boy asked while looking down at me. "yes?" i replied, looking back at him, feeling myself blush at his stare. "why are your lips shiny?" he questioned.

zhong chenle. are you kidding me?

"chenle," i laughed, "it's lip gloss." i explained shortly, earning a small 'oh' from the oblivious boy as he began to laugh. "what game do you want to play first?" i asked as we entered the dark place, accompanied by the bright lights from all the games.

"do you wanna do a scary game?" he asked with a smirk. "oh my god, no." i said while placing a hand on my chest. "what? why not?" the boy whined before giving me puppy eyes. i swear i felt myself give in a tiny bit.

"no, lele, they're scary." i reasoned before he gently grabbed my hand and led us closer to the counter. "i'll protect you from the monsters." he said, the childish aura form before seemed long gone.

oh my god. he's holding my hand and just assured me that he'd protect me. oh my god.

"fine." i said cooly, covering up the butterflies that flew around in my stomach. the boy smiled happily before  purchasing the card so we could begin playing.

chenle, who let go of my hand to pay only to hold my hand again, lead me to one of the games where you had to sit in it and shoot the zombies or whatever the game included.

"are you ready?" chenle chuckled at my state, covering my eyes before the game had even started. "you won't see what happens then. who knows, maybe you could like the zombies." he laughed, pulling my hands away from my eyes and placing them in my lap. slowly, i nodded and chenle started the game.

"oh my god, this game is hard."
"it's not that diffic- AHH!"
"CHENLE! there's one over there!"
"wHAT? WHERE? AHH!"
"CHENLE YOU'RE GONNA-"
"i died." chenle sighed before taking leaning his head on my shoulder in disappointment.

dude, what the fuck??

"do you... wanna play a different game?" i suggested nervously, i swear he could hear my heart beating. "i wanna ride our bikes again." he smiled, sitting up straight again. "there's a park nearby. do you wanna go?" i asked, and he nodded before holding my hand and helping my get out of the game.

zhong chenle, why are you doing this to me?