Five Years 31

After 4 years.

After my graduation day, I surprised mom and dad. I made sure that they are at home, the home they built for us three.

I'm so happy mom and dad both spare a time.

I understand mom why he treats dad the way she does so I don't have any violent reaction about it. However, as their only daughter, I know it's also my turn to do something for them.

"Eomma, appa, thank you for your time."

Mom smiled.

"Congratulations Shar, finally you're about to work in our Law Firm."

"For all those years, I haven't thought of giving you a gift. It's always you who give. But now I think it is just the right time to give you a gift as well."

"Shar ah, I am happy whenever I give you a gift, I know it's not enough as I usually not around but at least I have done something for you."

"Your mom is right, we give good gifts for you because we are happy doing it."

I stood up and Nanay helped me to bring my gift for them. It is somewhat big.

Mom and dad were surprised. They can't figure out what it is.

Then we gave it to them.

"Eomma, appa, please open it."

They open it together.

Mom cried as she saw the gift. Dad suddenly rolled tears on his cheeks.

"I didn't know you were artists back then. And you were love team. I searched your picture on internet and that picture caught my attention the most."

Tears suddenly keeps falling from mom's eyes. Dad comforts mom.

"Eomma, Appa, I know you've been through problems in the past, but because you really love each other so you end up being still together. I've met the President and other members of your fans club and they are very happy to see me. They even cried because of joy."

"I'm sorry we didn't even tell about it."

"Gwaenchana eomma...I heard they missed you so much."

"Shar ah, mi anhae keunde when we left Showbiz I and your dad promised that we will never mix our life with publicity especially being a celebrity."

"I understand eomma."

Dad and mom decided to hang on the wall the gift I gave them. They said, it will be a reminder for them to accept their flaws and shortcomings and to forgive each other because there are more than a million who look up to them.

...

After our conversation Nanay noticed how they changed little by little.

After months, I am already a lawyer. I passed the Bar Exam.

As the successor of Shin Law Firm I was featured in a magazine.

Then one day, one woman approached me, but she was prohibited to talk to me by the guards at the Law Firm.

I saw how the woman wanted to talk to me, but the guards are somewhat right not to talk to strangers.

On the other day, I saw the same woman again. I told one of the guards to asked the woman why she wanted to talk to me.

"She said she wanted to talk to you personally."

"How do you think of her?"

"She looks really said and begged me to let you talk to her."