Chapter 20: The Floozy

Start from the beginning

That was a nickname she got after just two weeks of being in school because she tends to dump her boyfriends after a day and get a new one.

She's the type of girl that shows off her beauty to get attention and purposely seduces men. You heard from your friends that she especially likes to take a man that's in a relationship.

You don't wanna believe the rumors about your classmate completely, at first, but when you and Tsukishima suddenly started your pretend relationship, she started approaching the salty King and using her charm to get his attention little by little.

Fortunately, she wasn't able to do that until the end, but unfortunately, even though he's technically single, it looks like she won't give up.

"Tsukishima-kun! Can you help me shop for a bathing suit? My friends and I are planning to go at a water park, but my sizes have gone up." She squeezed her breast using her arms to accentuate them, but they were noticeably smaller than yours so your friends started snickering while you just felt second-hand embarrassment.

But you averted your gaze from them even before Tsukishima lifted his gaze to her, and you sat on your seat casually.

"Himiko-chan, can I borrow your notes?" You asked normally while masking your bubbling emotions inside.

"Do I look like I care?" He answered coldly to the floozy girl and the weird thing was, it made you happy that he replied harshly.

"Sure, but it's a little bit messy." Himiko handed you her notes as you flashed a smile and thanked her.

"Oh, is that so? Then here, I'm giving you this chocolate that my parents bought from Paris! They're limited edition!" Touka proceeded with her high-pitched voice as she bats her false eyelashes to the frowning giant.

"I don't need it, so you can leave now." His voice got more monotonous this time; you were writing your notes while listening to their conversation simultaneously.

"Eh!~ Fiiineee, I'll just give you something better." Then you heard her footsteps getting far away and you can't help but smile a little.

You waited for him to talk to you until the teacher came, and he didn't. However, you didn't know that he was staring at you quietly with his headphones on; he was amused by your reactions when he was talking with Touka.

—•—

During break, Tsukishima and Yamaguchi weren't in the classroom, so no chance occurred of you having conversation with him. But you were informed by Shimizu that even though Ukai announced that there's no practice for today, the third years still decided to do it.

You had a feeling that the rest will come as well, so you decided to attend; until your Aunt called you while crying and saying that she'll be sleeping over your house for the night since it's her day off and she had a small fight with her husband.

Shimizu assured you that she can handle the club and you apologized.

That's why right after the class dismissed, you immediately headed home without even talking to Tsukishima.

Right now, you're totally convinced that Tsukishima is mad at you and you don't know what to do. So you were feeling gloomy as you walked home.

When you passed by the small playground that always had a bunch of fireflies every night, you had the urge to look, but what you saw there shocked you.

There was Oikawa Tooru, sitting on a swing with his head down and he was still wearing his volleyball jacket and pants. Then you suddenly remembered the news you got at lunch break; that Seijoh lost to Shiratorizawa today at finals.

You were curious if he was okay, so you approached him. When you got in front of him, his head lifted to look at who's standing in front of him.

"Are you okay, Tooru-san?" You asked in a soft voice and something stirred inside the grand King. He stared at you for a minute before replying.

"You're too nice, Y/N-chan. I'm fine, you don't have to worry." He smiled to himself as he averted his gaze.

You watched at him for a few seconds before sighing, "There's nothing wrong with saying you're not fine, so we shouldn't be struggling to say it, right?" You gave him a sincere smile that fascinated him.

"Though to be honest, I don't know what to say to you, than 'it's okay to be in pain right now, it will go away eventually and you'll be even stronger'." You added and he blinked before chuckling.

This time, you were the one who's confused. Oikawa stood in front of you and made sure to stare right into your eyes.

"Now I have even more reason to want you," he mumbled to himself and you heard some words, but you weren't able to comprehend what he exactly said.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I didn't hear you."

"I said, thank you for encouraging me, Y/N-chan. I appreciate it." He flashed you his signature smile so you concluded he accepted your words, and you smiled back.

"I don't if it's the right words, but you're welcome, Tooru-san, I'm just returning the favor. Anyways, I have to go now!" You started to walk away but he suddenly grabbed your wrist.

"Y-Y/N-chan, can you go out with me on Friday?" A flush crept up his face as he stares at you.

"Go out? Where?" You obliviously asked, unaware that you're agreeing in a date.

"At the shopping district..." He answered with a certain restaurant in his mind that he wants to take you in.

Since he mentioned the shopping district, you concluded he just wanted to go shopping and a few items that you want to look for popped in your mind.

"Sure! After school right?" Your eyes glinted with excitement.

"Eh? Really?"

"Yes."

"Then, can I get your number?"

"Sure! I'm going to get yours too." You handed him your phone and vice versa. After that, you cheerfully waved goodbye to him and Oikawa thought he was dreaming.

+++++
Author's Note:

HAPPY 8K READS! THANK YOU FOR CONTINUOUSLY SUPPORTING ME AND THIS FANFIC! I'M SO ELATEDDD!!

UNEDITED