Chapter 2: Someone Is Watching Me

TWO WEEKS LATER

TWO WEEKS LATER

You hummed while you were arranging things inside the equipment room of the gym. The Volleyball team has practice today but only Kageyama and Hinata was there. The others were still changing in the club room.

Hanging out with the team is truly a joy. Although Tsukishima still calls you a Pancake and sometimes gives you sarcastic remarks, you're starting to enjoy his presence too. Kageyama and Hinata won the match and they'd just won a match against Aoba Josai too.

When you left the equipment room, you saw Hinata and Kageyama talking to a guy, a little bit shorter than Hinata.

"Noya-san!" You turned to the seniors who have just arrived.

"Oh! Ryuu!" The new person yelled back at Tanaka-san and they proceeded to chatting with each other. Daichi introduced you, Hinata and Kageyama to Nishinoya Yuu, the Libero of the team who was suspended for two weeks.

He turned to you and started acting manly, "I'm Nishinoya Yuu, but you can call me 'senpai', my cute Kouhai."

"Nice to meet you, senpai!" You gave him a bright smile and he acted like he just got blessed. You hear someone "tch-ed", but you didn't bother to know. You bet it was Tsukishima who is now probably irritated because he thinks Nishinoya is noisy.

But the atmosphere changed when Nishinoya asked for someone called "Asahi".

"He hasn't come back, has he? I won't come back unless he comes back!" Frustration laced Nishinoya's voice and he walked out.

Hinata followed him and the seniors followed both of them.

You felt down because of that, you didn't expect that the team has a serious issue. You didn't even know that there were two members missing.

Shimizu noticed your expression and she started telling you the story.

(A/N: I won't bother writing the story since we all know what happened already.)

After knowing the truth, you felt sad for Azumane Asahi. Although your situations were different, you sympathize with him. You both wanted to be on the court after all.

Suddenly, you felt a finger on your forehead.

"Frowning doesn't suit you, Pancake. If you're wrinkly and uglier, will you be fine?" Tsukishima teased you after he took back his hand.

"Tsk! Can't you say something nice even just for a moment?" You seriously said and you ignored him again by walking away. The atmosphere definitely affected you.

You decided to go out and get a drink at the vending machine. While you were deciding which one you want to get, you felt someone staring at you.

You turned around to look for that someone, but you can't see anyone. This feeling that someone is watching you, you've been feeling this for the past two weeks.

This is different from the stares that you get whenever you're walking to the hallways and the students gawk at you. This stare is scary and you feel anxious because of it. Yesterday, you notice that someone was following you while you were walking to you house. You walked past your home and ran to the streets to mislead the stalker. You did it for about 30 minutes and wherever you went, you made sure that there was a lot of people nearby.

You were so scared after you finally got home. You checked all the windows and doors if they're locked more than ten times.

"Who's there? P-Please, don't scare me anymore..." You timidly said. This is all you can do, you're not that brave and you didn't want to anger this unknown person, at the risk of you being attacked.

"If you have anything to say, just tell me directly..." You added.

"Y/N-chan!~ Shimizu-san is looking for you!" You heard Hinata's voice slowly getting closer. And when he showed up, you ran to hug him.

"Y-Y/N-chan?!" Hinata exclaimed. You were slightly trembling when you released him.

"I'm sorry, Hinata-san. I'm weird, aren't I?" You laughed awkwardly to calm your nerves. You shook those scary thoughts away and you proceeded to get your drink before returning with Hinata.

When you arrived, Tsukishima is looking more irritated, Nishinoya was inside, training, and Shimizu approached you.

"Are you okay, Y/N-chan?" She asked and you nodded cheerfully.

—•—

"Class dismissed." It's finally lunch break, but all you can think of is the task that Shimizu gave to you.

"Y/N-chan, why are you looking so gloomy?" Himiko asked and you sighed.

"Himiko-chan, you go eat first, don't wait for me. I'm going to measure the first years of the volleyball team." You explained.

"E-Eh? Okay, but don't forget to eat!" Himiko said before waving at you. You looked at where Yamaguchi and Tsukishima suppose to be eating, but your gaze caught the latter leaving the room.

You immediately grabbed you measuring tape and notebook, and ran after him.

"Tsukishima-san!" You shouted and the students looked at you, but you ignored them.

It seems that Tsukishima didn't heard you because he was wearing his headphones, so you ran after him. You grabbed him by his uniform and he finally stopped walking.

"Huh?" He irritably expressed as he removed his headphones and looked at you at the same time.

"Don't get mad! Shimizu-san asked me to get the measurements of the first years, for your official jerseys," you frowned.

"And you're measuring me first?" Tsukishima asked and you nodded.

"I'll start with the most uncooperative," you nonchalantly said.

"Then, since I'm uncooperative, I'll go to the cafeteria first." Tsukishima smirked at you before cooly walking away.

"T-Tsukishima-san!" You yelled his surname, but before you can catch up to him again, someone bumped into you.

You didn't fell on the floor but the other person did, you helped him to get on his feet and you apologized at the same time.

"Are you okay?" You asked worriedly at the fat guy.

"Ah! You're the one I bumped into before too!" You surprised him and he shyly nodded.

"I'm sorry for being clumsy..." you got closer to him as you gave him a smile.

"It seems like fate, isn't it? You really are my destiny." He whispered to you and you froze. You didn't expect his voice to be menacing.

"Pancake, aren't you going to get my size?" Tsukishima's firm voice helped you get back into your senses.

You apologize one last time to the guy before running to Tsukishima.

What was that?

++++

UNEDITED