Yes, the woman was still running after me and I had no fucking clue why. I mean, the boys were still in the same damn place where we left them. Idiots.

The boys saw me running towards them stretching their hands forward to stop me but I grabbed them and dragged their asses with me and oh boy, these boys were surely not feather-light. Those were pure muscles I was dragging with me. 

I didn't see where I was going until I was met with darkness and my movements automatically came to a halt as the door clicked shut behind us.  

I was panting by now as I bent down and rested my hands on my knees, taking huge gulps of breath, which just burnt my respiratory tract because of the pungent odor surrounding us in this small booth. It was bad. Really, really bad. My eyes stung that's how bad the odor was.

I don't know where we were or what booth it was except that it was unbelievably dark. I tried squinting my eyes to figure out something about the place but pitch darkness was all I could see. I even waved my hand vigorously in front of my face, but nope, nothing but black.

"Ow, what the hell." I heard someone grunt which sounded like Ethan's voice.

"Are you okay? Guys, you there?" I asked.

"Right here."

"You fucking hit my nose." 

"No need to be a drama queen, Ethan."

"Why the hell are we here? Couldn't have found a better place to hide, Leah?" This bastard is getting on my nerves.

"You can get out of here, no one's asking you to stay," I replied again and folded my arms across my chest, "but don't come back if the woman looks for you again." 

I started pacing around the booth, aimlessly, trying to calm my nerves and also trying to find our way out. 

"Shit." I hissed as my foot collided with something hard that I couldn't even look at to curse. Damn, that hurts. Why did I have to come here? Just why? Couldn't have found some better place to hide? 

'That's what Ethan said.' Words of wisdom by my conscience.

'Argh! Shut up.' I shoved her away. 

Bitch.

"What happened? Are you hurt, Leah?" Jordan asked, his voice lacing with worry, unlike the other person with us. Huh, asshole.

"I'm fine. Geez, someone find a way out." I wanted to punch something, rather someone, now.

I hobbled my way around the dark room trying to find at least a switch to put on the light if there was any, that is. It feels like I'm playing the blindfold game, except there wasn't any blindfold needed. Darkness did the job.

I collided again but this time into a toned body and a pair of arms snaked through my waist to prevent me from falling as my brain took this opportunity to go into power-saving mode. I stood there frozen as the person's hand trailed up my arm, further trailing up my neck as it rested on my cheek. 

The embrace felt familiar, but I couldn't figure out who it was. I opened my mouth to say something but before I could even utter out a syllable, I was restrained by a set of lips crashing with mine and I gasped.

Their lips were moving gently yet there was firmness in the way they were kissing. There was a passion yet the person seemed to be in pain as I felt moisture on my cheeks when they came in contact with the other person's. I couldn't kiss back the person. Because when I closed my eyes, all I could see was a set of blue eyes crinkled at the corners staring right back at me. 

The person stopped his actions and grunted as they moved away from me. I couldn't move. I couldn't grasp what just happened. 

Who was it? The person felt familiar. 

It was just the three of us when we came in and I don't think there was anyone else in this room. Or was there? I'm sure there wasn't.

Does that mean…

I gasped as the realisation hit me. It was one of the boys. It had to be unless there was a ghost in this room. 

What the hell are you thinking, Leah? Why would a freaking ghost kiss you? Totally off the point.

But why would any one of the boys kiss me? And even if it was then which boy was it?

Was it the one with brown eyes? But that's my best friend we are talking about. Why would he even do that? Nope, it must not be him.

Then, was it the blue-eyed one? But again why would he kiss me in a dark room, smelly room like this where even shadows are afraid to enter and breathe.

I honestly didn't see a single shadow breathing in this room.

I mentally laughed at my own joke at how pathetic it was but then my mind reminded me of that kiss and again I began to overthink.

God, why the hell did that person had to kiss me in the dark?

And I can't even ask these two. What was I going to ask? 

Hey Ethan, I was dreaming about kissing you last night but did you just up and kiss me in the dark? 

Or how about…

Jordan did you just kiss your best friend in the dark room? 

No. Totally not going to ask.

"Hey, Leah, you there? You've been quiet for a long time now." Jordan asked me.

"Uh-huh" Was all I could manage.

"Guys, come on, I found the door," Ethan said as he stood in front of the now-open door and the light from the carnival beamed in.

Jordan too walked out of the room and I took that time to collect myself and the reverie of my thoughts. I walked out of the room, squinting my eyes in order to adjust them with the bright lights, as I looked at Ethan and then at Jordan, looking back and forth between the two as their faces gave away nothing that could answer my previous questions.

I pushed my way into the crowd with the boys hot on my tail as the unanswered question consumed my thoughts for the whole night. 

Who the hell kissed me?

******

Dang! Who was it? Who the hell kissed Leah? I'm going to kill that person with my terrible jokes.

And trust me, I have a lot of them. You can ask my friends if you don't believe me. They have to endure it every single day :p

Anyway, am I crazy because I had just uploaded chapter 19 and now here I'm with chapter 20.

I'm just so...ugghhh!!

I'm getting awkward now, so I'll stop here.

Until next time.