TRACK 2

I walked into school with my headphones around my neck and headed straight to Tina's locker

I walked into school with my headphones around my neck and headed straight to Tina's locker. She was surrounded by her popular friends, they all stared at me as I approached her with the tape in hand," Hey Tina-Here's your tape." She took it from my hand and gave me a quick hug," Thanks Tyra-You know you're still invited if you want to come." I shrugged my shoulder,"Hm-Might as well I guess." "Cool-see you then."

I waved goodbye and walked over to my locker. I grabbed my stuff for first period and Californian Mullet's tape and closed my locker shut. I walked into Mr.Philip's class, on time and not singing my heart out. I waved at him and he nodded his head to me in return. I made my way to my seat beside Hayley," Finally on time today-Great job." I rolled my eyes," Hush it." A few minutes went by and the dusty blonde hunk hottie, as the school girls called him, waltzed into the room. He shook his hair, combing it back with his fingers as the girls swooned over him.

He sat down in the desk in front of me and Hayley. I leaned forward and tapped his back. He twisted his upper body around and glanced at me," Yeah?" I held out the mixtape for him. He raised his eyebrow and hesitantly took the tape into his hand and examined it," That was fast...Californian Mullet?" He read to himself," Really?" I shrugged my shoulders," I don't know your name." "Billy. Hargrove."
"Oh I was expecting a Chad or Chandler."
He wiggled the tape in his fingers," This better be good-"
"Tyra."
"Yeah-Tyra, or I want my money back." He slipped the tape in his jean jacket pocket and turned back around to his desk. I opened my notebook and glanced at the stunned Hayley," H-How?-"
"He stopped by the shop yesterday-asked for a tape."
She studied me with her brows knitted together," How are you so calm about that-You just talked to the hottest boy in Hawkins?" She scoffed as silently as she could. "That's hot? Wow Hawkins has really low standards."

I grabbed a tray from the assembly line in the cafeteria and grabbed a chocolate milk and apple. I slid down the line and grabbed a brown sack from the top of food line. I turned to the open cafeteria filled with rowdy students and found Hayley sitting alone. I walked over to the table and sat beside her," Took you long enough," Hayley scoffed," I was feeling like a loser for a minute-" "You are one." Hayley hit my arm and I rubbed the sore spot," If I'm one then you are too."
I shrugged my shoulders as I pulled out my lunch from the brown sack," Yeah-And that's okay."

I took a bite out of the ham sandwich," But these 2 losers are going to be at the dopest party of the year." I wiggled a single brow at Hayley," What's your costume?" I posed in a high fashion way," The one and only-Donna Summer!"

Beep Beep
Toot Toot

I started to dance in my seat as I sung along to the melody in my head.

Bad girls
Talking about the sad girls
Sad girls
Talking about bad girls, yeah

Hayley laughed at my dancing and eventually joined in," Well I waaass going to dress up as Debbie Harry but now I'm thinking Cher-To match the vibe."
I nodded my head in approval," I dig it." I took another bite of my sandwich and took a sip of the chocolate milk. Hayley held onto my arm and swayed us from side to side," Ugh I can't wait-It's gonna be so fun!"