TRACK 4

I brushed my blown out hair and stared at myself in the mirror

I brushed my blown out hair and stared at myself in the mirror. I brought the brush down to my mouth and sang my heart out.

He met Marmalade down in old Moulin Rouge
Struttin' her stuff on the street
She said, "Hello, hey Joe, you wanna give it a go?"
Oh, uh-huh

I danced in the mirror, shaking my hips and posing like a model.

Gitchie, gitchie, ya-ya, da-da
Gitchie, gitchie, ya-ya, here
Mocha Chocolata, ya-ya
Creole Lady Marmalade

"Tyra quit all that singing and come and eat breakfast!" Mama yelled from outside my bedroom door," Yes m'am!" I put down my hairbrush and went into the kitchen as I was told. I sat down in the chair between Erica and Lucas, and immediately dug into my plate," Tyra slow down—What is that on your neck!?" I furrowed my brows and quickly covered the spot on my neck that she noticed.

Before she could interrogate me any further, I got up from my chair,"I have to get to school." I chugged the last of my orange juice and darted out the house. I grabbed my bike, put my headphones on my head and rode off to school.

Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?
Voulez-vous coucher avec moi?
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Once I made it to the parking lot full of teenagers, I chained up my bike on the racks. As I was walking, I glanced up and saw Billy with a small crowd of people around him. He was leaned up against his car, looking directly at me. I raised my eyebrow as he blew smoke from his mouth. Without anyone noticing, he winked his left eye with that stupid smirk on his face. I lifted my middle finger in his direction to return the gesture.

Once I made it into the school halls, I went straight to my locker and pulled out my books for class. Before I closed my locker door, I could smell the stench of cologne and cigarettes," Like the present I left you?" Billy smirked as he pointed to the dark mark on my neck. My hand flew to cover the area," You got some nerve doing that Hargrove." He grabbed my hand and pulled it away, exposing the skin," I got you good Sinclair."

I snatched my hand away and slammed my locker shut," Yeah?—and it won't happen again asshole!" He smiled showing off his pearly whites," We'll see about that sweetheart." I kissed my teeth and turned away from him, walking to our shared class. When I walked in, only a few students were in class. I glanced up at the clock and it was only 7:45.

"Hey Tyra!" Mr.Philips greeted me as I walked pass his desk," Hey Mr.Philips—" He waved his hand over, signaling me to come closer to him. I hesitantly sat on his desk, expecting him to scold me, but it never happened," That record was killer—You got a good ear young lady." I shrugged my shoulders as if it was nothing," That's my job Mr.Philips." He nodded his head," Find me another record like that," He put his hand up to cover one side of his mouth," and I'll boost that B to an A minus."