The Abyss

After the biggest star goes down the smaller ones appear. Some shine brightly, some are duller in appearance. Some white and gleaming while others switch their colours. 

At night I like to look up into the abyss, just my mind and allow myself to be swallowed by its forever sinking darkness. 

Looking at it for what it is. Not for what it could be, could mean, could have. It calms my head down in a hypnotic type of way. In a way that I don't have to think anymore, just let it be. 

When I'm older I hope to ask someone to come embrace the abyss with me, so we can both be swallowed by the inevitable darkness. 

Sometimes staring into the abyss is just supposed to be done alone, maybe it's the only way you can heal without having to exert the energy to become fixed.

The abyss presents itself and gives you so much opportunities, there is so much that could happen under the watchful eye of the abyss. It's a saving grace for some, it's a slaughter of character for many.

On some nights you look out into the abyss and there are too many clouds blocking the vision of the stars that represent whatever you want it to in your life. Other times there are no clouds and you can see the stars so clearly, maybe too clearly. In those moments you realize how transparent your life is, you figure it out because the abyss presents you with the opportunity to figure it out. 

Going to bed you think harder about it all. 

After you've picked yourself apart.

After your nature is stripped raw.

After your soul is bared out for anyone to see. 

What makes the abyss no longer be the abyss?

It's light.