If the stars fell.

That one fateful night, do you remember it? You drove me up to the coast where we watched the gleaming stars above our heads. Glowing and teasing us with their shiny rays.

Your arm was around me, encircling me in a ring of warmth, security. The blanket you so thoughtfully packed wrapped around me giving me that extra embrace.

The waves splashed upon the shore in the background as your soothing voice pointed out every constellation you could find that was hiding. You could always remember those things.

And deeper and deeper in love I fell as you held me, securely, like you were afraid to let me go. Your voice a lullaby to my racing heart as you kissed me under the stars that looked on under them at us.

On that secluded beach it felt like just the two of us, at the edge of the world at the end of time. There was nothing left other than the sensation I felt between us.

"What if a star were to fall right now. Right out of the sky and start plummeting to the ground. What would you do?" You asked staring deeply into my eyes. Everything you said was so poetic.

"Once I'm here with you heaven could fall and land on my head. It wouldn't matter to me, once you're here." I replied as poetically as I possibly could.

You simply smiled and kissed me again.

The next morning and the morning after that and the other mornings after that when you didn't call at all is when I started to see the breakdown of the world around me. Weeks into it, the lonely barren place I was stuck in... The stars started to fall.

_______________________________________
Wrote this at 1:02 am. It's one of those listening to Khalid and watching into the night sky for inspiration. Didn't think I would actually write.

Tbh most of my work from this time last year is based off of a Khalid song at 2 am while I was crying. Went through some tough shit but that's when my writing was the best. I was posting chapters like 2 or 3 per day because of everything in my head. I'm glad that I can look back and say I'm proud I did it. So thank you to the person who fucked me up that summer. I needed that shake up to do my best .