Chapter 23:

Charlis pov: Once I'm in chases arms I calm down. Griffin holds the guy down until the cops then my mom get there. I give the cops a statement and they take pictures of my badly bruised neck. My mom runs up to me and hugs me I say "mom I'm fine" she looks at my neck and starts to tear up. I hug her back. I go up to the bathroom and put a wet washcloth on my neck blood comes off from the scratches and I sigh. Chase is standing at the door way and runs up and hugs me almost knocking me down but he catches me. He pulls away from me and looks at the bruises and the bleeding scratches. He says "baby are you okay?" I say "yes will you cuddle me?" He says "is that even a question?!" I smile and we walk in my room. I take off my leggings and just lay in my underwear and sweatshirt. Chase is in sweats and no shirt and we cuddle and drift off to sleep.

In the morning

Chases POV: I wake up before charli and play with her hair as she wakes up also. She opens her eyes and yawns and cuddles up against me and closes them again. I start to tickle her and she laughs and says "stop chase" while laughing. I stop and I say "so now are you awake?" She nods her head with a huge smile on her face. We get up and she puts sweats on and I put a sweatshirt on. We walk downstairs and charlis dad is making eggs. He sees charlis neck and says "omg honey are you okay?" She says "yeah" we eat eggs and bacon and me and charli just make small jokes and charli laughs her butt off. Charli goes to the bathroom and Marc says "you make my daughter really happy I can tell" I smile and say "thank you" then her dad says "so have y'all done it?" I blush and look down not knowing what to say but I say "yes sir" he nods and says "my only wishes are be safe and don't force anything okay" I say "of course" charli walks out of the bathroom and we all continue eating and Dixie and Heidi wake up.