So You Wrote a Song

Start from the beginning

Everyone around gasps and some students have taken out their phone and are filming.

"Oh, this is going to look so good on Twitter," one of them says.

"Fuck you, Shawn Mendes! You're such a pain in the ass!" Camila screams and storms away.

Jake turns around to see Shawn clutching his cheek.

"Holy shit! What happened Shawn? I turned around for a second?" He says.

Shawn waves him off, "It was just the queen."

-

Shawn finally arrives at his dorm room after an hour of pushing through fans. He scoffs at the thought of Camila. He remembers the way her wild curls flew in the wind as her fist came in contact with his face; her brows furrowed and mouth turned down in a frown.

"Dude! What happened to your face?" Connor asks in surprise as Shawn opens the door.

"Long story, but Camila," he says as he lands on the couch next to Connor who's playing League of Legends.

"That hot Latina in your classes?" Connor says. "I didn't say that though because I have Alessia."

Shawn glares at him and grabs an ice pack from the fridge.

"She's not hot."

Connor raises his eyebrow at him, "You obviously haven't been looking close enough. Have you not seen all the guys all over her? Hell, even the football captain is into her, Bryce remember?"

Shawn closes his eyes and thinks of Camila again. She was dressed in a pair of ripped jeans that hugged her curves and a white sweater. Her pretty features were brought out by some light makeup. Ok, yeah she was kind of hot.

"I don't want to think of her that way," Shawn shakes his head.

"Come on, you're here for another two months. Shoot your shot, Mendes," Connor winks.

-

Camila's now known as the girl who punched Shawn Mendes. She hates that that video of her is circling around, but at least Shawn got what he deserved.

Camila plops down in her seat in the classroom as she gets ready for her favorite songwriting class. She scrolls through her phone aimlessly as she waits for the rest of the class and her professor to file in. Feeling someone sit next to her, she looks up. Shawn smirks at her and sets his guitar down on the floor.

"Nice bruise," she snickers.

His smirk turns into a frown and he glares at her.

"Didn't know such a tiny girl could pack such a mean punch."

"You always underestimate me, asshole," Camila rolls her eyes.

The professor walks in and orders the class to be quiet. At the end of class, he tells them their new project assignment.

"So for your next project, I want you guys to really explore songwriting. We've only really been talking about the process and now it's time for you guys to try it out. I want you to pair with another student in the class and write an emotional song. It can be a breakup song, a love song, or maybe even a song about a friend, just make it emotional. Use what we've learned these past few weeks to write a song. I expect you both or one of you to perform it in two months, checking in with me every two weeks."

Camila immediately looks to Taylor, but she's already talking to Jack.

"Shit," she mumbles.

She turns around to search for Ari, and meets Shawn's eyes.