So You Wrote a Song

I'm mixing up all the songs in his albums for the sake of this one-shot oops!

-

It's no news that Camila hated Shawn. Everyone on campus knew that. She can't pinpoint the exact moment that she started disliking him, but maybe it was at first glance when he strolled on campus with girls crowded around him and his head held high like he owned the whole place. It annoyed her that international superstar Shawn Mendes had somehow managed to weasel his way into UCLA to study at one of the best music programs because of his connections, and she had to work years and years just to get an audition and then finally be accepted. It was kind of- no it was disgusting to her.

And half of the time, Shawn wasn't even on campus because he was in the studio or on tour or some other bullshit excuse, and every single professor bowed down to him and let him do whatever he wanted.

Ok, so Shawn didn't exactly like Camila either. Most people would part the seas and do anything for him, but this girl- no way. He can't pinpoint the exact moment that he started disliking her, but maybe it was when he showed up to his first day of class and the fiery brunette glared at him and scoffed at everything he said. And then he had called her out in front of the whole class and instead of backing down, she had a snarky reply about how he used his fame to get in. When he hosted a concert on campus she ripped up almost every poster he had put up.

And when he came back on campus after two or three months, he would always be greeted by his hundreds of fans- and Camila's bitter face.

-

By their second year, everyone was used to the Shawn-Camila feud. Shawn would dedicate his most jarring songs to a certain someone who he would describe in nasty detail at concerts. His favorite was Queen.

Everyone stared at her and whispered whenever she passed by the next day. Taylor came running to her with the video playing.

"Camila! Did you see the video of Shawn?" Taylor pants, dropping on the steps in front of the library.

"What video?" Camila asks, shifting her textbooks in her arms.

"Here," Taylor says, handing the phone to her.

And there he was, Shawn Mendes in all his glory. Millions of fans screaming and lights glowing. The giant rose blooming on the b-stage. And he's giving a speech.

"For any of you, who have ever been put down by anyone in your life or looked down upon, this is for you. You all know I take classes at UCLA when I'm not making music for you guys or on tour, and there's this one girl in my classes who always finds a way to put me down. She makes the beautiful seem ugly all the time and I just gotta say this one's for you, hun," Shawn says.

Camila grits her teeth as her fists clench.

"Hey, hey! Don't squeeze the life out of my phone," Taylor grabs her phone out of Camila's hand.

"I'm going to kill him!" Camila screeches.

"Well, you're going to have to wait for another two months until he's done with tour."

"When he comes back he's going to see these fists!"

-

Shawn comes back in two months as Taylor predicted. Most UCLA students are used to Shawn by now except for the new freshmen who crowd around him. His bodyguard Jake can barely keep them away from Shawn as they scream his name.

At the sound of screaming girls, Camila turns her head to see her sworn enemy. Shawn's standing at the school entrance dressed in black jeans and a black floral button down short sleeve. His sunglasses are perched on top of his curls and he's smiling. Camila's eyes narrow and she stomps towards him, making a beeline. She pushes through the freshmen girl until she reaches Shawn. Jake's busy blocking off half of the other fans and Camila stands in front of him. Shawn looks down at her and smirks and that's all it takes for Camila to punch him so hard in the face that he stumbles backwards.