Paper Airplanes

Shawn peeps his head from behind the corner for his daily Camila-goes-to-her-locker-moment. It's not creepy or anything he just thinks she's cute- that's it he promises.

He checks his watch. It's five minutes until 4:30. She always stays late on Thursdays to get in extra studio time.

He hears her footsteps in the empty hallway and she appears. His whole body tingles at the sight of her and his heart starts racing. She hums quietly as she nears her locker, swinging her backpack in front of her. He watches as she sticks her tongue out through those plump pink lips in concentration, twisting the lock. She lets out the breath she's been holding, brushing her fingers through her paint covered curls and unintentionally coating her fingers with yellow paint. Her fingers brush her face, smearing her cheek yellow. Shawn's insides bubble from her cuteness and he tries to swallow down his emotions. Her hand reaches into her locker and-

"AH!" Shawn screams, feeling someone's hand on his shoulder.

He whips around and Connor's laughing so hard he's clutching his stomach. Shawn glares at him and covers Connor's mouth with his hand.

"Shut up!" He hisses.

Connor bats his hand away, "Staring at Camila again?"

Shawn blushes, "No!"

"If you like her so much, go talk to her. Aren't you good with girls?" Connor smirks.

True to Connor's words, Shawn is very good with girls. His soccer stardom had girls swooning over him left and right. He's also very good with his words- and his mouth for that matter. But he's never ever worked up the courage to speak to the one girl who he's always wanted to speak to. There was only that one time where she'd dropped her pencil on class and he picked it up for her, lamely stuttering a you're welcome after she'd thanked him.

Shawn isn't sure when exactly he started to like Camila- wait he doesn't like her; she's just super adorable. It was probably when she'd snapped at him and his friends for something dumb that they'd done. He remembers her wild curls floating in the wind, her chocolate eyes ablaze, red lips glistening from the number of times she'd bit them in frustration, and her cute nose upturned in anger. She wasn't afraid to tell them off and set them in their place unlike other people, and while the rest of his friends immaturely hooted and oohed from her burns, he stared at her retreating figure. That day changed everything. From then on, he saw her everywhere. He snuck glances at her throughout the class they shared, stalked her IG page, and even got his best friend Hailee, who is also rather adept in art, to take him into the art studio with her much to her annoyance, all to soothe his aching heart.

So here he was on a Thursday, watching Camila again. Taking one last look at her, he watches her walk away, her hips swaying.

"Come on, man. We've got practice until 7 tonight," Connor pulls Shawn by his soccer duffle.

-

Typically, he likes to go home to crash after soccer practice, but today, Hailee has convinced him to come with her to some coffee shop, saying that it was the only time she had to work on their project.

After taking a quick shower in the locker room, he heads over to the address Hailee sent him.

He's hit with the delicious scent of coffee as he enters the quaint shop, decorated with fairy lights and plants. He sees Hailee taking out her laptop and notebooks at a corner table. She sees him, waving him over with a bright smile.

He dumps his duffel and backpack in the empty chair next to him.

"Want anything?" Hailee asks. "They have good tea so you don't fall asleep on me here."