II. IV | The Lies We Spill

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      "Hannah," Alice called from the door frame, a light and apprehensive smile covering her lips. Hannah blinked, instantly meeting the eyes of her sister. She hadn't seen her in over twenty-four hours and by the light coming in from the windows, she was sure it was the next morning. 

      A building emotion broke free from her chest. The worry she held releasing from her shoulders. A watery smile pulled at her lips, the sigh slipping past sounding full of relief and nostalgia. "Alice... You're finally back."

      Alice smiled, padding closer with a repentant air about her. Hannah stood to her full height, embracing her sister like it was the first and last time. A sigh of relief left her lips, knowing her sister was okay. "Yes, and I want to apologize for making you worry. I know I've been MIA and it's for good reason."

      She held Hannah's hands in her own, looking over her appearance like she changed in the last twenty four hours. The youngest pursed her lips, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. "I sure hope so, you've just about restarted my heart."

      Hannah playfully pushed Alice's hands off her, giving her a soft glare. Folding her arms, she gave her older sister the go ahead to speak. "Alright, what's been so important that you left your sister in the dark for weeks."

      "I'd do better to show you than tell you," Alice bit her lip, practically bouncing in her spot from excitement. Rolling her golden eyes, Hannah nodded nonetheless. "Okay, lead the way, oh wise one."

      Alice started for the door before turning back around, grabbing Hannah's hand. A gently smile touched her lips as she decided to actually lead her the rest of the way by hand. "Jasper didn't come home last night," Alice noted, knowing full well she saw it ahead of time. It wasn't a question but a fact.

      Hannah shook her head, "No, I'm worried about him. I don't want him to beat himself up."

     The eldest Brandon paused, glancing at her concerned little sister. She sighed, "Okay, go get him and make up."

      "What –"

      Alice waved her hand. "I'm going to need your full attention for my secrets and Jasper is ruining all the fun. Go see him, do couple-y things and meet me at the local pub later. He's walking along the beach." If the pixie immortal was honest, she'd say the nerves were getting to her and she wanted to delay just a little whiel longer. However, fixing her sister's relationship was an added bonus and perfect cover up.

      Hannah ran a hand through her messed hair, appreciation swirling in her golden orbs. She leant forward and peck her sister's cheek in thanks, gliding by her down the stairs. "Thank you, Mary! I'll see you later," She called, not realizing her name slip up. It came so naturally, she didn't even notice.