III.XVII | The Two of Us

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

   Hannah's friend, Eleanora, was gone. Something she couldn't comprehend as she walked through the hospital in Forks with Jasper by her side. Her heart was impossibly heavy. Such a turn was abrupt and painful, as was all passing's. However, this death in particular struck a cord with her. Stained her heart darker than all the others.

Suicide was not gentle on those left behind.

She constantly wondered what she did wrong or how she could've aided Eleanora better. Maybe if Hannah tried harder to get her out of the institution, she would be here right now. These thoughts swirled around the back of her mind, pestering her in the quiet moments.

Hannah always striving to be the woman people came to if they needed help, felt utterly helpless in this situation. The common issues she battles with herself is being able to see someone's past and never being able to change the past. Go back and do things over. Rework the very fabric of time.

Survivors guilt had never violated her psyche more, than it did with Eleanora.

Jasper squeezed her hand as they walked down the sterile white walls. An unconditional comfort Hannah needed more and more as they grew closer to Eleanora's old room. Doctor Andrew stood there with a solemn expression marring his features. He saw this stuff everyday and Han wondered how much of a toll it took on his psyche as well.

"Hannah, good morning." He greeted her first, nodding to Jasper simply because he didn't know his name.

With a small quirk of her lip, she glanced around the hospital warily. "Can I go in there?" The caution tape put up on the door, blocking outsiders from entering was a striking yellow. It made her undead heart constrict that much more.

"Now would be the best time. The clean up crew it coming soon to tidy up the room. They put a memorial up in the waiting room if you want to stop by once you're done here." She agreed with an uncommitted nod, walking to the door with unease and heartbreak weighing heavy on her shoulders. Jasper did his best to alleviate the pain. It was probably the only thing keeping her up and out of bed.

Hannah felt like it was all in slow motion. The click of her boots. How her hand moved as if it was underwater towards the yellow tape.

As soon as she walked in, everything felt wrong. "It's so empty without her here..." A shudder in her usually melodic voice caused Jasper to lead her inside by the shoulder.

"Her memory is still alive with you, darlin'."

It was like a crime scene. Eleanora's blue blanket was thrown on the ground, wrinkled in one specific corner. Some knots were still in place, others were obviously cut. Han shivered in realization that this is what Eleanora used to hang herself. If Hannah could cry, she'd have tears all over her face, dampening up her hair and shirt.