IX | For The Hunt

𝕿𝖎𝖒𝖊'𝖘 𝕿𝖊𝖒𝖕𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖘

      "This is why you must prepare," Hannah tsked as Jasper paced the soil ground beneath him. She was leant against a tree trunk, her golden tresses lightly blowing wild in the breeze.

      "I didn't think I'd have to search for prey so far outside of the town." Jasper hurrumped and it was cutest thing Hannah had ever seen. She turned her head slightly to hide her amused smile.

      "I'm sure I told you before that the towns people know everyone and keep accountable for everyone. It would be dangerously hard to pull the wool over their eyes." Hannah blew a thick strand of hair out of her face, fully embracing the rare spot of sun peeking through the clouds today.

      The glow of the large star complimented her beautifully, in Jasper's opinion. Heck, he fought hard to keep from oogling her and focused on his surroundings.

      He had never been put in such a situation before. He had always been free to feed whatever he wished, whenever he wished. Especially when he escaped with Peter and Charlotte. The world was his landscape and he painted it blood red.

      Here with Hannah, he found himself open to the idea of her tastes. And by her tastes, that meant of the four legged variety. The predator side of him cringed at the thought of it. However, he decided to keep an open mind.

      He raised his arms in a 'go ahead' manner and watched her smug smile with rapt interest. His eyebrow raised when she slowly crouched down to her knees and crawled on all fours like a leopard. Jasper caught himself biting his lip, straightening his shoulders as she gracefully and seductively, although unknowingly, inched closer to her prey.

      The elk was none the wiser and before he could sniff her out, Hannah pounced on him like an angel descending from above. Her actions thereafter; however, were those of a deadly minx.

      Hannah savagely sunk her fangs into the elk's pulse point, her lashes fluttering shut at finally being satisfied. Her inner beast was put at bay as she unlatched and wiped the remnants of her meal from her jaw and licked her finger clean.

      It was wildly fascinating for Jasper to watch her in this untamed state of mind. Her movements were graceful and yet, she seemed all the more vicious and frightening. It enticed him to the point of literal heart eyes.

      "What is it?" Hannah questioned as she stood to her full, short, height and brushed her frizzy hair with her hands.

      Under the glow of the sun, her skin twinkled like mini iridescent crystals. The blood from her meal still glossed over her lips like a fine balm, giving the appearance of a flushed and blushing bride. Jasper couldn't help but tell the truth as it blurted out unexpectedly. "You're gorgeous, darling, absolutely and utterly gorgeous."