Chapter 39

Sorry for a long delay... 😭

Enjoy...
______________________________

Arnav stepped out of his car after almost spending half an hour in it. He was just staring at the house in front of him, his mind burdened with all the memories. This was the house where he spent his youth. The place where he lost everything.

Sighing audibly, he took a long breath and gathered his strength to face the people he left behind three years ago.

Three years.

It was such a long time.

His steps falter, but clutching his jaws, he straightened himself and walked the way he always did. Like he owned the place.

Pushing the gate open, he entered and looked around. The garden, once beautiful, was now filled with overgrown weeds. There was hardly a flower in sight. And the bushes needed trimming badly.

Arnav remembered the time where he would spend his evenings taking care of this land. He shook his head and made his way inside.

Standing before the door, he again took a long breath, gulped his emotions and with a heavy heart, rang the bell.

One second.

Two second.

Three second.

The door opened revealing Hari Prakash standing there. His eyes widened in shock as he looked at the man in front of him

Ar- Ar- Arnav Bhaiya. He stuttered, not believing his eyes.

Arnav smiled and tilted his head. How are you HP? He took a step inside, forcing HP to move aside.

Who is there HP? He heard woman's voice and waited as she approached the scene.

Arnav? The sewing needles fell on the floor as the old lady stumbled.

Nani. Arnav ran towards her and held her as she swayed. Nani, are you alright? Ap theek hain? He lead her towards the sofa and made her sit on it.

HP. Bring water. He called.

Arnav. Nani cupped his face in her old wrinkled hands. Her eyes filled with tears with some rolling on her cheeks.

Shhh. Arnav wiped her tears. I am here, Nani. Don't cry. He gulped his tears and hugged her close to her heart.

This woman suffered so much only because of her ignorant, arrogant and stupid grand daughter.

Nani clutched him, as she tried to believe his presence.

You are really here, na? She caressed his face as Arnav made her drink water. Arnav nodded his head, I am here Nani.

How are you? Did, she gulped, did you find Khushi bitiya? A tear rolled down her eye.

Arnav looked at her and then nodded his head. She is with me. Everything is okay.

Nani smiled, I am happy for you Chotte. May you always be with her. She leaned and hugged him close to herself.

Arnav smiled and closed his eyes, feeling her motherly warmth. Are you ready to meet her? Nani asked as he leaned back.

Arnav took a deep breath and glanced at the stairs, yes. He muttered with a weird feeling in his heart.

.

.

.

Khushi was sitting on her bed, lost in thoughts. She was here, in Delhi, after 3 long years. So much has changed. She didn't have any relations here now.