13

Yoongi's POV:

I staggered backwards as her full form pressed against me and I blinked repeatedly in an attempt to realize if this wasn't real.

But before I could react to the fact she was hugging me, it hit me like a truck that she was sobbing.

It was all it took for me to wrap my arms around her and soothe her.

"Y-you sav-saved my A-Areum... thank y-you."

It felt like I was turning to stone in my spot. She thinks I saved her cat. She thinks I saved her cat.

Part of me wanted to tell her it was me who hit her cat...

....but she was in my arms - and not because she tripped or was hitting me. She was hugging me.

And I was hugging her back.

I did hit Areum.... but I saved her as well.

So I decided in the heat of the moment to just keep quiet. What she didn't know, couldn't hurt her, right?

I don't know how long I stood there hugging her, soothing her but somehow it felt like an eternity had passed.

"Can't... breathe...," she choked and I instantly let go.

"Sorry," I felt shy all of a sudden.

For a moment, she stood there studying my face with her hazy eyes and I had this guy dropping feeling that she figured it all out.

"I always... never... I- I would have never thought you of all people would ever be...," she trailed off. And then blushed. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't bring that up now. I'm just... I really don't have words to show my gratitude."

But all her words did was bring me shame.

I stood there, trying to pry my eyes off the floor. There was an awkward silence between us.

"No problem," I finally said. "Ah, I'm not used to seeing your friendly side," I joked, trying to steer off into a different direction.

Gladly, she took the bait. She gave a hearty chuckle. My heart skipped a beat at the sound of it. Maybe because it was so different from the fake, loud and pretentious laughters I was used to...

...or the fact it was the first time I had seen her show me any emotion other than hostility.

She abruptly stopped when she saw me staring at her in awe. Fuck.