Chapter 5

"All your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children." -Isaiah 54:13

Grace POV

" Are you sure you want me to help you with your baby? I mean I would love too but seeing as you've not known me for that long, I don't want your baby to get uncomfortable or something."

He chuckled before he moved ahead of me to open the door to his apartment. " I doubt Lilly would be scared. She could use a feminine face around here once in a while."

Immediately he opened the door,the cries of his baby died down, curious of the intruder coming to him. I watched the baby with apprehension, checking if the baby was okay with my presence. The smile of the baby was a go on for me and I was quick to carry the bundle of joy in my arms. I wonder how this neighbor of mine had managed with a baby as active as Lilly.

" Look who we have here lilly. A nice lady has come to say hi to you." The baby giggled like as if she knew what her father was saying.

" I think she just needs someone to play with seeing that she stopped crying when I walked in and you said all the recommendations Google gave you didn't work. I'm Grace by the way and I know the bundle of activeness in my hands is Lilly so what's your name?" I wasn't one for interaction but this father and daughter duo really peaked my interest.

"I'm Alex. I guess she's used to my face that she's now tired of it. You look like a natural mother, where did you get your experience from if you don't mind me asking?" He asked jokingly. "I would have thought you were a mother if I hadn't watched you for the past few days since I moved in".

How was I to reply and that to someone who took an interest in me enough to watch me. I didn't want anyone to know, not even Debby knew,talk less of a stranger.

" I think Lilly is fine now. I'll just go back to my apartment. If you need me,you know where to find me." I said in a hurry handing Lilly to Alex before speeding out of his apartment like someone whose behind was on fire.

What is Grace hiding? Stay tuned for the next chapter. Enjoy your day. - Silee.