Chapter 4

"Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee" Deuteronomy 16:17

Grace POV

The party was far better than I had envisioned, intact the look of awe that was etched to the faces of the children was enough to send me spiralling into an abyss of contentment. Making them happy was a permanent thing on my to-do list.

"Gracie, the wedding date has been decided. Apparently its three months from now, I mean how quick is that!" Debby exclaimed from the other end of the phone.

"Seems like you're not the only eager one" I teased. Knowing Debby, she was probably blushing her cheeks off right now.

"Debby I'll be resuming on Monday, so I'm thinking why not enjoy this three days left with you before I get drowned in work." My work was something I never joked with, and Debby definitely knew never to call me to have fun with her during working periods.

"Awwn... I thought we'll have more time to joke around before you turn to that strict strong headed Gracie I hate encountering. Anyways let's meet at the fast food area beside the community police station tomorrow. Don't you dare stand me up Gracie, and I mean it." The threat that lied behind her words was enough to cut short my silliness.

"OK, no need to act like I stand you up all the time. It was just that time with the meeting and last week with the shopping and when we were to meet some friends and... OK OK , you win. I'll be there as early as I can. I need to visit my aunt so I suggest you don't fix the time in the morning before you act like a pregnant woman with confusing emotions when you see me strolling into the place in the afternoon."

"Just be there before 3. I have to go now Gracie, I need to run to the store for some supplies."

"OK , no problem. Bye"

One glance at the clock that stood on a table at the far corner of my room was enough evidence that I had spent more time on the phone than I was supposed to.

I rushed to see who was ringing the bell without any break. ' Patience ', I said to myself when I was on the verge of getting angry at whoever thought playing with my bell was fun.

I definitely didn't expect who was behind the door and if was face didn't show how surprised I was, my voice did as I shouted in fear.

"Hey, I'm sorry to bother you but I really need your help. My daughter is having trouble quieting down and the solutions suggested by Google isn't really helping at the moment." The new neighbor spoke as fast as he could and if I wasn't paying attention, I definitely wouldn't have heard anything he said.

"I'd be glad to help." I replied instantly when I heard the cries of the child get louder.

Have a nice day. Till next time- Silee