8

Charlotte

"Stand up straight."
"Smile."
"Be polite."
"Stop fiddling with the hem of your skirt."

Commands assaulted me left and right, I pushed down the urge to shove my middle finger into my stepmothers face, an instinct softened only by the fact that we were at a wedding. My cousin Aspen was getting married to a greasy bar tender named Jason. He had muddy brown hair and pale eyes. I despised him instantly.

Though I knew being a bridesmaid was an honour I couldn't help feeling that it was more of a hindrance today. Though I had to admit; I did look good. Unnaturally good. I, like the rest of the bridesmaids, was wearing a simple white dress with a blue velvet belt and a baby doll skirt. My hair was curled into ringlets instead of my natural gentle waves and it made me appear younger — a look that I hated.

Longing for Taylor scorched through me as I reminisced the exact shade of her eyes, the curve of her lips, the shine of her hair. I was falling faster and harder than I ever could've anticipated. It was almost scary.

A nudge to my shoulder snapped me from my thoughts — it was time to walk out. The music soared and my stomach plummeted as a face I recognised far to well appeared. Taylor? What the hell is she doing here?

I remembered telling her about the wedding in passing yesterday afternoon as we walked away from school side my side — she'd seemed distracted, I'd assumed that she hadn't heard me. I met her eyes, noting her sober expression as she mouthed,

"We need to talk."

yeah yeah yeah ik this is a filler chapter but i needed to update also thanks so much for the amount of reads this is getting i never thought it would get over twenty much less five hundred. so thanks 💕