Chapter 7: Straightening Creases

Start from the beginning

I would have been satisfied in just wasting my time standing there and staring at the flickering lights of Los Angeles when I hear the clicking of heels against the tiled floor. I glanced to see Domovov leaning on the door, holding an extra glass of blood on it. "Don't you look like a ray of sunshine," he said cheerfully and I scowled at him. "Don't you look like a vampire who was just given a blowjòb a minute ago," I snarled back at him, making him laugh loud.

He straightened his white suit and handed me the glass in which I snatched from him. "I told you you should have kept her around. Now, look at you, sulking on the corner while your best friend just had a blowjòb a minute ago." Snarky bastard, I mentally growled as I drank from the cup.

"Shut up, I'm not interested in yours and Jessica's endeavors. " Domovov just laughed at that and decided to stand beside me, drinking his own glass of blood. We both stood there, both just staring at nothing and just enjoying company. I would hear him type something in his cellphone and sometimes whistle a tune I'm all too familiar with. Finally giving in to the urge, I whistled with him, the tune Aldrich taught the three of us back when we were boys. Two whistling turned three and another bastard leaned on the metal railing five feet away from where I'm standing.

When it ended, I see Domovov smile and Colton chuckle at it. My mood lifted considerably, reminiscing the times when we were innocent to the world, when the proportion of land is but a measurement and power is a dream. "You were always out of tune, Calvin," Colton fùcking Wellington said, amused as he drank on his stemmed glass. His hair is pulled back impeccably as mine did. Domovov laughed lightly at that and I scowled at both of them.

"Shut up you ássholes. Sometimes, I wonder why Aldrich chose to train the three of us together. The biggest disaster he's planned yet, I guess."

"He would have backed off if only he sees us now," Colton said shrugging at the thought.

"I think he planned it," Domovov said, making both our heads turn to his direction. "Our personalities never jive well with Calvin's potty mouth and your constant sarcastic side," he said to Colton who mumbled some disagreement ", but he brought three powerful vampire lords and bound them in a tight circle. Can you guess why?"

I thought about it for a bit before the small lightbulb on my head clicked open. "Shit," I groaned as I rubbed the heel of my palm on my forehead ", you don't think he..."

"He just prevented a huge war," Colton said smiling widely at him ", I mean, if the three of us didn't know each other and we bump into the corridors, all hell's going to break lose. I think it's a pretty bold move."

"Yes, and Domovov wouldn't have met Jessica and we'd still be fùcking every woman we come across to," I said to Domovov who chuckled nervously; Jessica, decades ago, is supposed to be our supper but the bustard fell in love his food instead. Domovov and I used to hunt together; if we didn't become friends, then we wouldn't have found Jessica wandering about. Lorraine was betrothed to him and they were in a tight bubble that says they were 'in love' only to be proven wrong by the human. After all, she managed to snag Domovov out of one of the most vicious vampire lord in the century; that being Lorraine deRoche.

"I would have loved to kill you still, though," I said at Colton who just laughed loudly. He clapped me in the back and I didn't pull his limbs off one by one because of the shock on Aldrich's grand plan sinking deep into me. Why didn't I notice and these two did?! There was an air of silence between the three of us before the two of them broke it.

"What's with you and Holly?" Domovov said in the same time that Colton said ", what's up with Holly?"

I snapped my gaze at the two of them, my jaw dropping open at their random question. Domovov and Colton seemed equally surprised as they glanced at each other and broke into a laugh.