chapter thirty two

32: Sucker For Pain

ALLISON

"Oh, they're good... but they're not exactly having the time of their life."

"What do you mean?"

Marie had let me wander around her small home, but strictly told me not to go outside. Judging by the foreign trees and plants scattered around outside that I saw from the window, I'm guessing we were somewhere outside the city.

How does her house look? Plain. Just like what I saw on her guest bedroom. The house has a small living room, two bedrooms: the guest and master's bedroom, and a single bathroom that was inside the master's.

Everything looked like the guest bedroom. Even the living room that only had a CRT television, and another green single sofa in front.

But the master's bedroom? It went on another level.

There was a king-sized bed, covered in comfy, grey blankets. Instead of peach, the walls were colored black, and I took notice of the lack of windows inside. On the other side, there was her computer table. However, it was not something to be ignored. Everything was lit in neon green. Her headset, her mouse, even the power supply fans on her system unit.

On first glance, it would look like a gaming setup, not until you look up a little to see six LCD screens that hung above the table. Each screen showed live footages of what seemed to be the streets of the city.

"Royals got ambushed by the parking lot."

Even before I could react, the six LCD screens suddenly turned black, and after a few seconds, flashed another place. A very familiar place.

And it was Asplund.

Marie had pointed to the sixth screen, where the parking lot of Asplund was. Realizing it wasn't live anymore, twisted my stomach. The time indicator on the bottom left corner showed the time and date. It was three days ago.

There was no sound coming out of the footages, but it was clear to me that this was planned. There we're noticeably a few 7th grade students scattered around the area.

At that age, you can't even get a license, and a decent car.

Few minutes later, a group of students came walking inside the parking lot. It was them. They were all together, not until they were stopped by a group of ten 7th graders in front of them. Enrico said something, but looks like he was interrupted, when the group turned around.

I had to look at the 5th monitor to see it was Dexter with his friends. He was smirking, yet seconds later it was gone. He was with his friends, but I noticed someone missing among them.

Dexter had said something yet again, but this time, I forced myself to look back at the 6th monitor to see, the 7th graders that were standing, suddenly ambushed the group!

I bit my lip, watching as Daryll, Cosine and Enrico tried to fight back, while the girls were forced to sit and cover themselves on the ground. Soon, more 7th graders came to beat them up, that eventually overpowered the three.

I wanted to run back and leave this place, just to give Dexter the same beating that they're having, but it happened already.

There was nothing I can do.

I wanted to tear my eyes away from the screen, yet I wanna see how it will end.

"Will they be okay?"