chapter thirty

30: Bite The Bullet

ALLISON

I stared at the ceiling, trying to catch my breath, trying to comprehend what just happened.

By some force that was driving him crazy, he just plunged into a risk.

And it was a kiss on my lips.

I wouldn't deny that I was already comfortable with him by the time he decided to strike a conversation with me shortly after Enrico, Aira and March officially joined the group. But after those moments, I felt the same, only intensified.

It was a different kind of comfort.

I slowly rose from the bed, trying to ease the tightness in my chest. I glanced over the laptop on the side, where the current clip was paused. It was hard to recognize on what part we were at due to my vision getting blurry every minute.

I recognize the sudden pain inside my head. I grit my teeth, trying to put some ease into myself, standing up, wobbling a little to the side. Little by little, I managed to take a step towards the door without tripping on the floor. The only goal in my mind was to talk to him.

I really need to, not wanting to repeat the situation with Alexid.

Getting out of his bedroom, I went down on the living room, only to see the others sleeping on their own sleeping bags, rather than the beds prepared for them to the guestroom upstairs. March and Aira were closely sleeping beside each other, while Enrico had a good distance away from them, only a few inches close to where Cosine is.

The wall clock that hung beside the TV had shown that it was already midnight. I did not waste time and went straight to the kitchen, not seeing the person that I was looking for here.

However, as I got there, there was still no Daryll in sight. Only the dead silence filled the room, and the night light that passed through the small window above the sink.

The familiar aura made me question one thing: Why did he run away?

I splashed water on my face, while trying to formulate reasons out. His behavior, his sudden 'courage'.

I've already heard countless stories from people simply by observation. I never was the one to talk, I was the one to listen, and understand. As if I was a hidden messenger sent by God.

This is apparently a time where I got confused. It was like hearing words from another language you didn't know. It was like trying to decipher a code that no one knows yet.

"Alli..."

I spun around, facing a slightly sober Alexid. She was holding a glass of water, and by looking at the half-empty content, she was probably here for a while.

"Alexid."

"Hey? We good? Mukha kang stressed!"

I slowly nod, leaning behind the kitchen counter as Alexid stepped closer to me. I saw how her eyes traveled from my face to my neck, a smirk slowly forming on her dry lips.

"Nawala kayo ni Daryll kanina ah. Did something happen?" I could hear her suggestive tone, knowing what she meant.

I could laugh it off, but knowing something happened (technically), I couldn't utter a single word, and mindlessly looked at her. I saw her face quickly fell, and heard a gasp.

"HOLY SH*T, HINDI NA SIYA V-"

"No, it's not like that!" I cut her off, noticing the slightly higher pitch in my voice. Surprise was evident on her face. I sighed, knowing all so well that I have the quietest voice out of all of them.