Chapter 7

Greyson’s P.O.V.

I wake up with my whole body throbbing in pain. Slowly I open my eyes and the first thing that I see is the white ceiling of the room. If I am gonna based it on the scent of alcohol and antibiotics that reeks this place, I can say that I am currently in a hospital. I still feel a bit groggy, probably due to the anesthesia that they have used during the operation. Agad na napuno ng takot ang dibdib ko ng maalala ang nangyari. Inilibot ko ang tingin sa paligid upang hanapin si Lavinia. Hindi ko maiwasan ang manlumo ng si Pyro ang nakita kong nakaupo sa visitor’s chair.

“Where’s our mate?” Agad kong tanong rito saka unti-unting bumangon mula sa kama. Pyro turn to look at me and I can’t help but notice the dark circle in his undereye. He looks completely exhausted and stressed. What time is it exactly and why is he here and not our mate?

“She’s fine, she didn’t get shot thanks to your quick reflexes.” I let out a sigh of relief to that news. Hindi magugustuhan ng kung sinuman ang nagutos ng pamamaril ang gagawin kung sakali mang natamaan si Lavinia ng bala. Bumaba ang atensyon ko ng bendang nakabalot sa katawan ko. What is this for?

“Your doctors do understand that I am an Alpha right?” Taas kilay kong wika rito. Akmang pupunitin ko ang bendang nakabalot sa katawan ko ng magsalita ito.

“You need that, our mate would definitely ask multiple question once she saw that your wounds has completely healed few hours after we remove the bullets from your body.” Hindi ko maiwasan ang makaramdam ng pagkairita sa sinabi niya subalit may punto ito. Lavinia will surely get confuse once she notice that I don’t have any wounds of even scars left from those bullets.

“How many hours I have been sleeping?”

“More or less 5 hours, they got you good. Eight bullets, five is in your back which manage to pierce your lungs. Three of those shots are not that deadly.” Paliwanag nito.

I slumped back on the bed since it seems that I’ll be needing to play pretend with my mate until further notice. We really need to inform her soon about us being werewolf and her being our Luna. “Where is she anyway?”

“She’s in my room in the pack house, probably sleeping or sulking at the moment. Lavinia doesn’t want to leave your side but she needs to get some rest so I force her to go to the pack house.” Hindi ko mapigilang mapangisi sa sinabi nito. Lavinia seems to be the kind of person that you won’t be able to bend so easily. I wonder what kind of trick Pyro needs to pull just to make her follow.

Nasa ganoon akong pag-iisip ng maramdaman ko ang pwersang tumulak sa akin kasunod niyon ay ang pagbagsak ko sa sahig mula sa kama. I am quite thankful that the floor is carpeted and not a solid one, or else it is going to be painful fall. Pinanlakihan ko ng mata si Pyro na ngayon ay nakahiga na sa kamang kanina lang ay kinahihigaan ko.

“What the fuck is your problem?” I hissed at him as I stand up from the floor. He just let out a smirk as he make himself comfortable in the bed.

“You’ve been sleeping for hours now and that chair is also not comfortable. I promise our mate to be stay here to look for you while she sleep so give me a break.” Sagot nito saka pinagpag ang unan upang magpantay iyon. Hindi ko maiwasan matawa ng bahaw sa sinabi nito. Sino ba ang nakaisip sa kanilang dalawa na magpanggap na hindi pa rin magaling ang mga tama ng bala sa kanya?

I wanted to throw him outside but I know he’s the one who’s been handling all of the shits after that incident so I just decided to give it to him. I walk towards the hospital windows to open it. I needed fresh air to breath, the scent inside any hospital room suffocates me. “Are you able to capture those mutts who did this?” Tanong ko rito matapos buksan ang bintana.