Despair ends

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

"Ew, what's that street rat doing?"

"Oh, you noticed him?"

"When he stole the bread"

"Disgusting"

Running into the forest, it gave way to me. I got exhausted quickly and slumped onto the trunk of the tree. I was hungry. I could barely nibble my bread. They followed me though. They brought rocks with them to hit me with. It stayed like that for some time until we heard a large growl.

"No one wants you"

The boys screamed at me as they stopped hitting me, screaming, they had run away. I started crying harder seeing this creature. All made out of flowers and pitch black vines. I thought it would kill me. It's hand interlaced with my own.

"I'll always protect you"

"I'll always want you"
-

Gasping, I woke up, against the wall panting. I looked over to see Asta fighting with Finral and Vanessa. Beast man kept dodging Asta's attacks. My vines grew to keep him in place. They worked and Asta could get hits when he went through the portals with the help of Vanessa magic to move in all types of angles.

'It's so funny he thought he could rely on us'

Pushing down all my bad memories because bow was not the time, I dragged myself over to Kahono and Kiato, I healed them as well as I could. However, her voice wouldn't come back nor would his leg. The work of forbidden magic... I helped heal Kiato's father. He would be fine for now. I turned over to the fight just as Asta landed the final blow. Beast man had finally fallen.

The vines wrapped around him and into the ground to make sure he wouldn't get back up. Asta cheered as Finral and Vanessa hugged him. Noelle got some compliments. I don't deserve any so I kept quiet. The man started getting back up, his mana would destroy this place. I didn't know what to do until Yami came.

"What's good bitches, still breathing?"

Asta was proud at the Yami's presence but Yami told us to sit back as he praised our team as well as Beast man. I went over to Asta and healed him. The rest didn't need healing apparently. Asta tried to join but he got grabbed on the head by Yami.

However, Yami didn't hurt his head, he gave it a pat. He did the same to Vanessa and Finral who were shocked. Noelle was silent but she enjoyed the headpat too. I watched happily as they all got their headpats. Yami then went over and used his new move on the Beast Man putting him down once and for all.

"Thanks for taking care of my men. Later, Mr Despair"

Yami continued on,

"None of us ended up falling into your despair. I've never once been in despair."

Everyone rushed over to Yami with praises of their own. It looked like a man surrounded by his annoying kids and it was hilarious until he brought out his sword and tried to slash them away. Nero came flying over and pecked Asta's head with the magic stone in it's mouth.

The old man thanked everyone as he had tears running down his face. Yami held up the stone, he casually said he would be taking it which the old man agreed to. I could feel the drowsiness setting in from the whole in my lower chest. No one had noticed yet and I didn't want to ruin the mood. It was really painful. Charmy decided to make her entrance with Grey who was in her real form and Gauche.

I laughed a bit at that but it hurt so much. I headed over to Yami's side and tapped him. He noticed me and stared. I shuffled a bit under his stare before he gave me a head pat and praised me too. I got embarrassed for wanting to ask him help with my chest.