Healing

[Julius Novachrono] P.O.V

The exhausted one finally went to sleep. I wanted to ask him a lot of questions when he woke up. He seemed content with a hand clutched around the pendant. He was very promising but naïve. It was thanks to (M/N) and Fuegoleon that we still had the pendant. We came out on top but there was one thing clear, there was a traitor among us. The defence mages were gone.

The next day, I announced that an anti Clover Kingdom terrorist group attacked us and that we would take steps to improve our defenses. However, it seemed the support of the people were greater than ever. I walked in the halls next to Marx as we were heading to the information where (M/N) was at. He had healed up overnight and was fully awake.

Marx knocked on the door before we entered. There was (M/N) who was lying in his bed but was holding the pendant. Elegantly, he twirled the pendant around with his fingers while reading his grimoir. He heard me enter and shifted his gaze over to me.

"Hello, we're here to talk right?"

(M/N) smiled gently and gestured me over to the two chairs by his bed. Marx sat first as I soon followed. He started explaining before I asked.

"Well, I'm not sure why but I felt like I had to grab onto Fuegoleon. We were dropped into this other plane. I couldn't see for a few moments. His light magic was very ...blinding and fast. He immediately got to..you know cut off Fuegoleon's arm and we didn't see it coming."

"Go on"

"Fuegoleon quickly figured out that he was after this pendant. My vines made a shield all around us. I- It was my strongest move but he was able to break it. We didn't have time, I used my illusion magic to make a fake copy and - well the shield broke.."

"Did you see him?"

"W-white long hair and pale skin...sorry"

"Did he say what he wanted it for?"

"No, we were attacked straight away. It was a trap. I kept it safe, I think the person will be back for it"

(M/N) clutched the pendant tightly. He was definitely being honest so Marx would not have to check his memories. I told Marx to leave the room which earned a confused look from both people. He reluctantly did but giving me an accusing gaze. Finally, I can ask (M/N) to show me his grimoir. There was something wrong, someone's presence should be noticeable especially with mana sensing but he was just none existant.

"Do you know why you're hard to see?"

(M/N) shook his head as he passed me his grimoir. Tracing the grimoir over the leaves, I saw it fade to zero leaves but he wasn't casting a spell. I've read a few cases in history where powerful mages with great intuition were born but were never noticed. They were just rumours however.

Opening the book, it flew to the pyromancy section. This must be the new nightmare (M/N) conquered. It was weird, for every first page of a section. The monster had an image, they did not look pleasant. It looked quite ferocious. I could barely read it. I sighed and passed it back to him. I left afterwards, my mind still thinking about how interesting (M/N) was.

[M/N][L/N] P.O.V

After Julius left, I got out of bed and immediately fell on my butt again. Thankfully, no one was there to see it. I sighed and stood up again carefully, my mind drifted back to the dance with Nozel. My cheeks felt hot and I fanned my face in embarrassment. I shouldn't be thinking such scandalous things. I slapped my cheeks and went to change. The clothes next to my bed were different though, more higher class. The fabric was soft and well made with intricate details as expected of silk.

The long white collared shirt was slightly large but the black pants fit very well. Just as I finished changing, the door slammed open. It was Leopold, frantically looking around before seeing me. His face lit up like a Christmas tree, it was precious.

"My rival, you're okay! I see you're wearing my clothes."

"Oh well thank you for the clothes"

"It's fine, you're my rival! You can't have holes and rips in your clothes. Those were my old clothes anyways, they're nicer than what you usually wear"

This man just called me poor in two different languages but it didn't seem intentional so all was fine. He was very nice but very loud. I couldn't help but notice the new mark on his forehead. I raised my hand to touch it, it was definitely a burn mark. I took my grimoir out to heal it but he pushed my hands away, he explained his promise to be the next Magic Emperor. The way he said it with such determination and conviction was amazing.

"I'll be cheering all of you on then!"

Leopold's stiffened before thanking me sincerely. His bright wide smile was so amazing, I lost any words to say. He gave me a pat on the shoulder before flexing his muscles to show how fast his recovery was. At that moment, Asta barged in with Noelle and Charmy. We parted ways with a farewell before the four of us left the castle. Charmy offered us some tasty food since Asta was confused which way to go.

Scooping Charmy up in my arms, I squealed a bit and hugged her. I walked beside Asta down a river canal with Noelle trailing next to us. We were chatting about the fight when we saw Yuno outstretching his palm towards us. A massive wind phoenix came out towards us but Asta stabbed it with his sword. Just in the nick of time. The bird dissolved into words.

'See you later Shrimpsta'

And

'Bye (M/N)'

Touched by his words, I waved him goodbye while Asta yelled at him. Klaus said to us his worries about our health before leaving too with a flustered Mimosa. Charmy kept feeding us sweets on the way back. Asta puffed angrily before turning to me and tugging me along.

A/N: Thanks for reading as always and all the votes, it makes me happy especially the comments!