Home Sweet Home

Aria's POV:

    Derek asks me to marry him. I love him. I love him so much that I could die for him! I may have only been with him for a few months, but we've survived the impossible! We've survived the worst. 

"Would I be crazy if I said yes?" I ask. Derek smiles. "No, you would not be." 

"Then, yes." I agree. Derek smiles again and kisses me. 

"I love you." He says. I respond with a hug. Derek wraps an arm around me. "We should probably get some sleep, we have to wake up in a few hours."

I nod and close my eyes. I slowly drift off to sleep.

I wake up an hour later to see Derek back out on the balcony now in shorts. I don't hear him shouting, but he's a little loud. I grab his shirt that drapes further down my thighs. I step outside with him once again. Instead of talking to him, I snatch his phone. 

"Okay, buddy, I don't give shit about who you are, but you're pissing my fiance off."

"Excuse me? Derek's not getting married." the man says. 

"He is now! Now go ruin someone else's life instead of fucking with us!" 

Derek stands in shock as I hang up the phone. "If we're going to be married, you can't get up in the middle of the night and go at it on your phone." I say wrapping my arms around his neck. "Fine, but if it's emergent, I'm answering." Derek says I nod and we crawl back in bed. Not even after 10 minutes, Derek and I both fall asleep.

    The next morning, I wake up in Derek's arms. It's early, I'm never up early. I roll over and bury my head in his chest. His eyes open slowly. They wander to my face. Derek starts stroking my hair. 

"Hey, beautiful." He says. I smile sit up. "We're getting married." I say grinning wildly. Derek sits up next to me. "Yes we are."

I get out of bed and walk to the kitchen part of the hotel room. I start the coffee and check my phone. 

"Well, shit. When did you give Scarlett my number?" I ask Derek. He turns the corner and joins me in the kitchen.

"A little bit ago, I told her not to blow you phone up, but if she wants to annoy you, she will."

"Yeah, she called me 12 fucking times."

"Well, she knows about the marriage. She's actually planning it." 

"How did we go from sex to marriage?" I laugh. 

"I have no idea, but you were the one who said yes." Derek says putting his hands on my shoulder. 

"Why wouldn't I say yes? I thought that Ryder would be the one I marry, but he never protected me like you do. He never waited for me. Months after you told me you loved me, you waited. You waited for me, and that makes you the love of my life."

I spin around to face him. "And that is why we put a rush on the marriage" Derek says. 

    "Rush?" I ask. I put my hands on his chest. "Aria, my dad was able to hold off the engagement for a long time. That's why we never spoke about it again. But we can't wait any longer because if we do, we'll be the cause of 2 wars. Now, don't think the marriage is just for that. I love you, more than anyone I've ever met." Derek explains.

"Uhm, I believe you, but why would there be a war?"

"Your father wants money, family bonded money. He wants our income, and if we don't give it to him, that would mean losing you and a war."

"So you'd rather rush our relationship than lose me all together?" 

"Yes..."

"Well, that only makes me want to marry you more."