Hostages and Confessions

Aria's POV:

   My heart stops as I raise my hands. "Derek, what the fuck do I do?" I cry. Derek stands close behind me. He spins me around in his arms. He takes the gun and puts it in the front of my waist band. 

"When you get out there, you take out whoever has Noah, let me worry about the rest." Derek explains. I nod and wipe the few tears on my face. Derek walks over to the door with me and opens the door. 

"I'm about to get shot and killed." I whimper. "You won't, I promise." Derek replies. He plants a kiss on top of my head. He let's me out the door and I slowly walk up the hill to the sniper, nobody else seems to be around. Derek watches from the widow. I notice movement from the roof. 

Before I come into full view, I move the gun behind me. I slowly walk towards the man with the sniper. It's Wyatt.

    "It's been hard to catch you, you little shit." He spats. 

"Good." I hiss. Wyatt rolls his eyes and picks up the sniper. I wait until he steps away from it. I have a 10 second window, I have to make it count. Wyatt goes to touch me, but I dodge.

"I'm capable of walking myself." 

Now's the time, that 10 second window. I look ahead and see Noah. They beat the shit out of him and someone has a gun to his head. 

"No! Aria, go!" He exclaims. I glace back and Wyatt's about 5 feet behind me. I lift my shirt and grab the gun. "Nobody fucking move!" I exclaim pointing the gun at Wyatt. He puts his hands up. "I'll fucking shoot!" I exclaim. Everyone falls silent. "Let him go!" I exclaim. 

"No! Just wait!" Wyatt exclaims. I hear a car roar in the distance. Shit! Ryder! "You mother fuckers!" Noah exclaims. I have no hesitation, I shoot at the guy that has Noah. Noah quickly grabs a gun and starts taking out the team of men. Wyatt pulls a quick one and my gun falls to the ground while he holds me back. 

"You son of a bitch!" I exclaim. I try using my training to get the hell away from him, but nothing works. I start screaming like hell!

    "Why are you screaming, love?" Ryder asks coming up in the distance. I don't even look at him. I'm to disgusted. "I'm not scared of you." I say turning away. 

"Then why not look at me?" Ryder asks in a taunting tone. I face him with a bloody nose and lip. 

"Like I said, I'm not scared of you, fucker!" I spat. Ryder pulls his gun out on me. I try to keep my guard up. 

"Let's go for a ride." Ryder says. Wyatt slowly let's go of my now quivering body. I quickly crouch and grab the gun. Ryder wants to pull the trigger, but he doesn't. I hold the gun on him while he growls. 

"Now, let's see, what have we accomplished?" Ryder hisses.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." 

"You know, Aria, you really are a pain in the ass." Ryder says through clenched teeth. I just smile. 

"You won't pull the trigger. You're too much of a pussy." I say.

"You won't pull it either, if you had the balls, you'd have already pulled it." Ryder says. He has a point. I don't know what's preventing me from pulling the trigger, but something is. 

     I sigh. "I may not have the balls to pull the trigger, but I know who does. Stay the fuck away from me, or else I'll make sure you die in seconds." 

"Is that a threat?" Ryder scoffs.

"Is it?" I ask. Ryder scoffs again. I aim slightly past his head and shoot. Ryder jumps. I walk forward until I'm face to face with Ryder's gun, and his heart is face to face with mine. 

"That was just a warning shot." I warn. I aim towards Ryder's foot and shoot. Ryder drops to the ground muttering something. 

Wyatt looks at me and starts glaring. I move to go find Noah. He's a little bit further in the woods. I run a little further to see Noah and Derek's men standing over about 10 dead bodies. 

"Thank God you're okay!" Noah exclaims rushing over to me. He notices my nose and lip. I now have a few revealing bruises. 

"Okay as I'm going to get." I sigh. "I'm just glad that you're alright." Noah glances at my shoulder, blood. I wipe it off as good as it's going to get. "It's Derek's shirt anyway." I chuckle.

    Noah and I walk back to the house where Derek waits for us. "You're okay." Derek says. I run to Derek and hug him as the adrenaline starts to fade. "What the hell happened out there?" Derek whispers to Noah. I cry softly into Derek's chest. 

"All I know is that I saw her coming and held Wyatt at gun point so that I could get away. I killed the people who were holding me, then went to take out everyone else so that she could get away. I was about to take out the final 2 to find that our people had already handled it. Why weren't you out there?" Noah explains.

"They had a gun to her head, if I walked out, they might have pulled the trigger." Derek says aggressively. 

"Oh... I'm going to go and make sure Wyatt and Ryder left." Noah says. "You left them alone out there!" Derek exclaims.

"No, no, no, I left people out there to make sure they leave. Aria shot Ryder in the foot, so I doubt they'll stay and hang around." Noah points out. He walks outside and my breathing slows. 

   Derek sits on the couch with me. I don't move. I've had encounters like this before, but Derek was there, he had my life in his hands and everything was fine. This time I was alone. I was so close to Ryder, the closest he's been to me for awhile.

Derek keeps shushing me as start sobbing. I can't stop crying and I don't know why. I'm alive, everyone's alive.

"You're okay, I'm here." Derek says gently. My breathing starts to regulate as tears stop spilling from my eyes. 

"He had a gun to my head." I whisper. Derek keeps quiet just listens intently. 

"I never thought I'd feel like that again. I never thought I'd feel so vulnerable again. He had all of the power again."

"He might think he can hurt you, but preziosa, he sure as hell won't hurt you ever again." Derek says. I look up at Derek. His eyes focus in on mine. He caresses my face gently while stroking my hair. He wipes the tears from under my eyes. I lean forward, Derek's lips are so close to mine. 

Derek leans forward and waits for me to close the gap. Our lips connect in a passionate kiss while our tongues dance together. I lean down until I'm on top of Derek. "Aria, you just had a gun to your head, are you sure I'm not-." Derek says. I pause for a minute.

"Derek, do you remember those few months ago when you confessed your love for me? I think all I needed was a little time." I say. Derek smiles and we reconnect our lips. I now know why I so scared. I was scared of dying, I was scared of leaving Derek. I'm now positive that this is love.