Chapter 15 - Human Realm

Chapter 15 – Human Realm  

The Years Pass

“But I don’t want toooooo…”  Naruto whined as his Father grabbed him by the tails.  He was in his human form and was being forced down the path from Demon to Human realm.  “I  don’t wanna – you can’t make me-“

“Kit if you don’t stop this instant I will carry you by the scruff again!” Kyuubi finely had enough and his nine tails waved threateningly.

“But why do we have to go to the mortal world anyway?  I wanna’ stay and play with Kenu.”   Naruto pouted.  He didn’t in particularly want to be carried like a new born kittling – especially in human form!  Oh how he missed his soft coat of fur… how could humans live like this?  He knew he was complaining far more the unusual, but the idea of walking among the mortal beings frightened him.  For some reason he was sure that they would try and hurt him.

He had a lot of dreams like that; dreams where he didn’t have his precious tails, and had very little strength.  The humans would always be cruel to him.  If they didn’t hurt him they were ignoring his existence completely.  Either way it was lonely and he couldn’t think which was worse.

Naruto shut his eyes tight at the memories he forgotten he had, and promptly ran into a wall.

“Gahhh!”

“What are you doing kit?”

Naruto rubbed his nose, and kicked the wall making stone tremble.  Freezing he blushed, it wouldn’t do to have the whole rock face collapse on them because he was angry.

“Stupid wall…” he growled then turned to his father.  “Why are we going to the human world anyway?”

“A bit a fresh air kit…”

“I think I like our lands air better.  What’s so great about going out here anyway?” Naruto grumbled looking at his feet.  In the next instant he was enveloped in soft fur and being carried in his Father’s tails.  He squirmed a bit but then stopped struggling.  No matter how much he wanted to act like a big tough demon, he always felt safe and relaxed when his Tou-san held him like this.  He cuddled a bit into the warmth.

‘Such a strange child.’ Kyuubi gave a small smile shaking his head, and pulling the little boy up in his arms.  It had been a total of five years since he and his kit had escaped the Hidden Leaf.  Kyuubi hadn’t ventured into the human realm since then, and Naruto didn’t seem too pleased with the idea of going.  The Demon Kind was sure he knew why.

His kit, (no matter that his memories were almost nothing but lucid dreams,) still sensed a deep danger from mankind.  Kyuubi had growled at himself thinking back on the rare occasion Naruto had a nightmare, and would curl up sobbing next to him.  It was always the same, scary, cruel people always trying to hurt him.  He was going to show his kit that he had nothing to fear in such pathetic excuses for existence, but first he had to get the boy out of the demon realm.

“You know for some one who says they will gather all the Bijuu, you don’t seem very willing.  How are you going to find them, if you can’t even step outside of your den?”

Naruto growled folding his arms, “I’m brave enough!”

“Then stop complaining and take a breath.”

Kyuubi himself breathed deeply, feeling the fresh cool air in his lungs.  Yes, this world, so unlike the one he had been trapped in, had always been tempting to wander through.  Life was different here, and although thanks to a certain young kit the demon realm had changed, it was still a world of chaos and disorder.  In fact Kyuubi didn’t know how short, or long, time might have passed in the mortal world since they had left.  Time mattered little to a demon since they were immortal, and they hardily payed attention to age.  Blood from the past or future, it all tasted the same when it came down to the kill.  For all he knew it could be a hundred years since they left, and Konohagakure had fallen… what a pleasant thought, though he would have liked to be the one to do it himself.