Chapter 2 - Kit... My Tou-san

Chapter 2 – Kit…  My Tou-san

“Yo, Lady Tsunade wanted me to inform you that Naruto is awake and healthy.” Kakashi was standing just outside Sasuke’s doorstep. It had been a week since Naruto had entered the hospital and slowly but surly his state had improved. Sakura visited the dobe almost everyday after her initial shock. When ever Sasuke stopped by, there was always a new set of flowers by the bed.

He tsked and shrugged a shoulder like he didn’t care. “That dobe’s to stupid to know how to die.”

Kakashi just smiled at him. “I was going to stop at Sakura’s and tell her the same. I figured we could all visit together.”

Sasuke just gave a grunt and followed him out the door. “What ever.”

His sensei continued his stupid smile forcing him to try and ignore it. As he did his thoughts when back to a week ago, when he’d been dragged out of the hospital by Sakura.

“What’s going on Sakura?” he had finely had enough, and Sakura’s usual disposition of fawning over him wasn’t what was doing it. In fact most time if she had him alone, she would have driven him crazy with annoyance. Then he felt her hands shaking.

“Sakura?” his eyebrows lowered. He hadn’t seen her like this since Orochimaru in the Forest of Death. The look she gave him… he remembered a face like that once. It was the one on his face the day he came home to find his family slaughtered.

“Sasuke I-“ she bit her lip and then taking in a deep breath steadied herself. “It’s Naruto…”

He instantly stiffened. If she knew something he wanted to know-after seeing the chakra that poured out of their teammate’s body-it just wasn’t normal!

He just scolded coldly. “Yeah, What about the dobe?”

“Just listen for a minute Sasuke!” this took him completely off guard-it was actually enough to make the usually collected boy step back. Sakura shook her head looking horrified at what she had done, and thne stared up at him with glazed eyes. “He said-he said something really-really-strange in his sleep!”

“Spit it out Sakura!”

“He called himself Kyuubi!” she blurted.

That was the start of the longest conversation he’d ever had with Sakura.

She’d told him everything that had happened in the absence of him, Kakashi, and the Hokage. It put Sasuke on a new edge, and made his skin crawl a bit. He’d told her that Naruto was probably delusional thanks to the Jutsu put on him. He’d explained that part of the situation from what he’d learned in Koshers ceil. After that she seemed to force herself to agree with him. But neither Genin could deny the ominous chakra that had filled the hospital room… and the shape it had take…. It was almost like seeing nine thrashing tails.

Sasuke had thought about it that night and through out the rest of the week, even during training. But there was no way an idiot like Naruto could possibly be a demon, even if the Forth Hokage hadn’t killed the Nine Tailed Fox all those years ago. ‘But that Chakra.’

He’d sensed it one other time before, again during the Chuunin exams in the forest of death.

‘You’re not scare, are you fraidy-cat?’

And what about how fast his wounds would always heal? It had taken Sasuke a week to recover from Haku’s attack at Wave-even Naruto had taken a few good hits! So why was it their never seemed to be a scratch on him?