Planning (part 2)

Start from the beginning

For good.

.

Catra

Catra’s motivation had stayed the same all her life. She wanted to win, and now she finally had the chance. There was nothing that would stop her now. 

The meeting had finished with plans for Adora to leave Bright Moon that afternoon. That didn't leave all too much time to do anything beforehand. Catra followed closely behind Adora, Glimmer, and Bow, none of which had opted to say a word since they had left the meeting room. 

Soon, the four of them ended up in Glimmer's bedroom. The sun was out of view from her large circular window, meaning it was at least noon, if not well past it. The mission would begin to take action in only a few hours. That left almost no time to spend with Adora and her friends before she was gone again. Until she left her, again.

"Adora," Catra said as soon as they all walked in, "can we talk? Alone?" she grabbed her hand and walked her outside of Glimmer's room, leaving her and Bow standing there. Catra could see their eyes meet before she closed the door behind her.

She led Adora around a corner and stopped, turning to face her.

"Adora, are you sure about this? Like, really sure?" She asked in a harsh whisper. 

"Catra, I'm fine. Can't you just trust me?" 

"Yeah, but what if you're caught? There's no reason to keep you around anymore if you're just some princess who always is able to foil Shadow Weaver's plans. She'll kill you!" 

"I'm not gonna get caught, Catra. I can take care of myself! Didn't you just say you wanted to take down Shadow Weaver?"

"Not if it means losing you too!" Catra hesitated as Adora stared at her. "I- you can't just leave me again. I just got you back, Adora." She said quieter.

Adora's eyebrows furrowed. "I never left you , Catra. I asked you to come with me. And you refused. That's your own choice." She had her arms thrown out to her sides as she yelled. "I left the Horde. You're just- you're being selfish, Catra! This could save Etheria!"

"I'm not being selfish!" Catra retorted. "You're being reckless! You won't even have the sword. And- and if you fail ? There's no chance for the Rebellion without She-Ra. And there'd be no reason for me to stay here. Better go off to the winning side, don't you think?"

"Catra, how long did I keep myself out of trouble without She-Ra. I was raised as a soldier. I'm capable of protecting myself!"

"Adora-"

Adora put a hand up. "No. Save it!" She snapped. "This is going to work, with or without your approval, okay?" She turned her back. "I have something I need to do before I leave, so bye. " She began walking away.

Catra put an arm out to grab her but hesitated and chose to watch her disappear around another corner. 

Once she knew Adora was out of range, Catra groaned loudly and covered her face with her hands while sliding down the wall behind her. All she wanted to do was keep her safe. She knew she made the wrong decision early on when she chose to stay at the Horde rather than going with Adora. She knew that she made mistakes, that she was a mistake. 

Why would she care? It only made sense not to.

“Girlfriend troubles?” A voice said, knocking Catra out of her thoughts. 

“She’s not my girlfriend.” Catra responded, not bothering to look up to see who the voice belonged to. 

“Could’ve fooled me.” She heard whoever it was sit down against the wall next to her. Catra felt a hand on her shoulder and she finally lifted her head from her knees. Sitting beside her was a darker skinned woman with short pale blue hair. She recognized her as one of the princesses that was always at the meetings, but didn’t really talk much. She’d never seen her alone before, as she was practically attached at the hip to the pink one.