Curiosity

Bow

As Bow, Glimmer, and Adora sat and calmly ate their breakfast, Glimmer kept sneaking questions about Catra to Adora.

"So tell me, what's with the mask Catra always wears?" Glimmer asked. This had to be the twentieth question about Catra in the last five minutes. Adora seemed to be getting annoyed.

"What's with all the questions?"

"I'm just curious, you never really talked about her all that much considering you were so close."

Adora hesitated. "Well-"

"Adora's right." Bow cut in. "You're asking a bit too many questions, Glimmer. Why don't we talk about something else?" He suggested. He knew Glimmer really wanted to save Catra and Adora's relationship and wasn't surprised when she sighed and looked up at him.

"Like what?" She asked through gritted teeth. Adora didn't appear to notice.

"How about Adora tells us what happened yesterday in that First One's ruin? It's been on my mind for a while. What took you so long in there?"

Glimmer shrugged. "Oh, yeah, Adora how did you even find Catra?" Bow mentally facepalmed. He was trying to change the subject but Glimmer just brought it right back to Catra.

Adora adjusted herself in her chair. "Well, I went to go find a way to heal you, Glimmer, as you know, and it took me a bit but eventually I found that place. At first I didn't really get any answers when all of a sudden, an alarm goes off and I turn around and Catra's there." She explained. "I don't know why- I should probably ask- but she followed me. I would've heard the door open again if she came in on her own."

"Adora, remember, normal people can't read First One's writing and open secret doors."

"Right, so she followed me and I didn't notice for a little until, y'know how you set off something in the ruin we ran into when we first met?" She gestured to Glimmer. "That happened again and then everything started closing off and then those spiders showed up-"

"I really don't like those spiders." Bow said and shivered.

"Understandably." Adora responded, then continued. "So we ran for a while until we lost them and then the whole place started tapping into our brains so we had to completely relive a bunch old memories between us." She rambled on and on.

"And then I almost fell off a cliff but Catra saved me but then we both ended up falling off the cliff-"

"Whoa whoa, slow down." Glimmer cut her off. "A cliff? In the ruin?"

"It was like an illusion made by all the tech."

Glimmer looked totally mind-blown. Bow understood the feeling. They had just started really getting to see the First One's tech up close recently because of She-Ra. It really was incredible.

"I don't really know anything about it; She-Ra's really not as powerful as everyone says she is. All I have is this sword." Adora went on.

"Are you kidding?" Glimmer exclaimed. "'That sword' has a whole functioning portable runestone in it. I say that's pretty amazing."

"Seconded." Bow added and Adora smiled at the ground.

"Anyway, continue! I'm getting really into this story." Glimmer but her chin in her hands and leaned closer to Adora across the table.