[2] Unexpected Turns

I ran out of my room and made my way to the door. I see my mom, her head tilted back as she was slightly rocking. She's drunk. "Fuck!" She says looking at the drink. "Clean that up Jennifer."

Before I can say anything Mia and Gianella slip past me with all of their stuff.

"Hey girls. Leaving so soon?" My mom stammers almost falling over.

"Yeah...umm... We have to go home. Family stuff." Gianella says. And with that they zip through the door.

"Whatever." My mom rolls her eyes and flicks her hand towards the door.

"Your drunk." I said with anger in my tone.

"Yeah so? Get the fuck out my life Jen."

I roll my eyes. "When is dad coming home."

"He's not." She mumbles.

"What I didn't-"

"HE'S FUCKING GONE! HE'S NOT COMING BACK JENNIFER! HE LEFT US!"

Hot tears swelled in my eyes. I shook my head and pointed at her. "No. No he left you! You did this." I wave my hands around in the air. "You always mess up everything for everybody!" I yelled at her. I was so angry. She always drives people away.

A look of shock was plastered on her face. Then she became red and angry. She took her hand and slapped me hard across the face making her unbalanced. My cheek started to burn as tears escaped my eyes. "Bite me." She said bitterly and then spit on me. I wiped it off and ran into my room and locked myself in. I jumped into my bed and cried into my pillow. How could he just leave?

I woke up. I picked up my phone to check the time. "Shit." I whispered. I got up and put on my beanie with my oversized sweater and leggings. I didn't do my hair I just quickly braided it to the side. I'm not in the mood to actually try and get ready.

My mom came storming into my room. "Ill take you i school." She said disgustedly. I wasn't thrilled either. Believe me. She took a sip of beer. "Oh and your going to go to a counseling group. You need some help." She looked over at me with disgust once more and then walked away. I rolled my eyes. Yeah I'm the one who needs help. For sure.

I got into the car and started having a cough attach. Was she smoking? This is second hand smoking. Un fucking exceptable. I used the sleave of my sweater as a gas mask.

I pratically ran out of the car when we got to school. I met Mia at my locker. "Where's Gi?" I asked her. Mia looked up from her phone and nodded across the hallway. That's where I saw Gianella and Bob locking lips. I quickly turned away.

All of my friends were taken except me. Mia had Brian. Gi had Bob, Melly with Dylan, and Jess with Steve. I was the 9th wheel. Which means im not even on the car.

School was boring and I couldn't wait to get out. I told Gi and Mia not to come over. I had to go to group. Ughh.

After saying goodbye to my friends I walked into the group room. There were three other people. I only recognized one of them. The new boy.