Possibilities-S.R.

A/N: This has been plaguing my brain for weeks. I had started writing this once before but never actually finished it. Now I have.

------------

Of all the things to happen in your life you never saw this coming. As you made your way out to the kitchen you could hear two people talking, oh how you hoped that Steve was one of them. Upon entering the kitchen you see Nat and Bucky sitting there drinking coffee and talking.

"Hey guys, have you seen Steve?" you ask walking up to the counter 

"As far as I know he's still in the gym. Been there most of the morning" Bucky said with a sad smile, he knew how you felt about Steve and how Steve felt about you. You say a quick thanks before bolting out of the kitchen and to the gym. You open the gym door and see Steve sitting on the bench with his head in his hands 

"Stevie? You okay?" you ask quickly approaching him, his head quickly snaps up and you get a glimpse of his smile. The same smile that could stop the world from spinning. 

"Not exactly doll, but it seems my day is turning around"

"Well I'm glad you're here, I've been looking for you for a bit. Got a minute to talk?" how were you going to tell him? You guys have only talked about that night once, and it was the morning after. 

"Yeah. What's up?"

"You remember the night we uh... slept together?"

"Of course I do, I wouldn't trade it for the world" he smiles once again 

"Well uh that was like two months ago and um, I didn't realize it until last week but I missed my monthly...thing. Are you following?"

"Barely but yeah"

"Well I went to my dr and she did some blood work. Steve, I'm pregnant" you spit the last part out so fast you were sure he didn't understand it. His smile fell and you could see the gears turning in his head "Steve, I know this is a lot to process so if you need time I get it. I want to be able to talk about this"

"Yeah y/n, can we meet up later to talk? I think having some time to process this would be good for me. Is that okay with you?"

"Of course Steve, I'm sorry to have just dropped this on you but you deserve to know. Come see me around 8 tonight?"

"It's a date" he gives you a small smile before walking closer and planting a kiss on your head and walking out of the gym. You could feel yourself freaking out so you rushed back to your room before you could start crying. 

Most of the day you were sitting in bed overthinking about the situation, you tried to stop and focus on something else but nothing was working. After a while of sitting there you felt yourself get hungry so you decided to go grab something to eat. 

You get to the kitchen and see Nat sitting at the counter again "Hey Nat"

"Oh hey y/n. Did you find Steve this morning?"

"Yeah I did, thanks for asking though" 

"Everything okay with him?"

"I think so, why?"

"Because he came running up here not to long ago asking Bucky to go with him. Wouldn't say where or anything"

"That's strange, but he was fine this morning. Do you know who's supposed to be cooking dinner tonight?" you ask sorting through the cabinet trying to find something to eat 

"I think it's Tony, which means takeout most likely" she chuckled before going back to scrolling through her phone. You grab something to eat before heading back to your room. You check your phone to see that it's almost 7 so you go to take a quick shower before deciding to clean up your room just a little.