23

Winding roads rich in the picturesque scenes that delight beauty in her loving eyes made the short drive even more enjoyable. The absence of strong emotions made the both of them felt a sense of tranquility. Soon, the car made its stop into unknown territory that give rise to Ryujin's curiosity.

"Where are we and why are we here?"

Yeji tapped her fingers lightly whilst gawping her stony eyes vacantly over her companion next to her. The cold stare filled Ryujin with fear as to the sudden change of mood of the older who's looking very solemn now. She wondered if she had said something wrong or did something out of her approval again. Ryujin pondered over the things she did earlier and realized that maybe she was riled over the fact that she stole her poor ice cream.

"I'm so sorry, Yeddeong. I'll buy you a new one later but please stop sending shivers down my spine with that intimidating look. I might melt in fear."

A half suppressed laugh from Yeji confused her even more when her sidekick burst out laughing dreadfully suddenly but Ryujin knew better to opt and be quiet about it with her arms crossed while eyeing the girl.

"You should have seen the look on your face. I can't believe I didn't get it on camera. Your panic expression is to die for, Ryujin."

"You and your witless teasing. Where are we by the way? The place is so... colossal and aesthetic."

"We're at my art gallery, my love."

She shook her head in amazement and said, "Are you serious, Yeji?" The cheeky one bobbed her head once and proudly affirmed that she's being veracious about her dreams and that she owned an art gallery where it displays her finest creations. The pair withdrawn themselves from the car and walked into the minimalistic premise hand in hand.

The chillax lofi tunes that's playing in the background helped gave off a more delicate and aesthetically pleasing mood as Yeji toured Ryujin around. The latter was thrilled to an extent, she made small stops to each and every single artwork hung on the white walls asking for the story behind them until she stumbled upon a hidden pathway that led them into a room full of art of a girl. Ryujin approached a certain portrait of a pink haired girl crying by the rivers with Yeji standing beside her, eyeing her every movement.

"What about this one? What's the story behind it?"

"This one tells a story about a broken hearted teenage girl who thought she was never good enough for a certain fool who didn't even bothered to come after her. The rivers were her happy place, where she would cried her heart's content and screamed out her anger alongside her fool. That girl was you, Ryujin. It took me seven years to overcome my own terror of losing you once again. Seven years to finally had the courage to hold you close in my arms again. Seven years to finally had the chance to seek for your forgiveness for abandoning you, leaving you stranded by the rivers while you pound hard on your chest wailing like there's no tomorrow. I was an truly an idiot for being so self centered on that exact day. You were my all yet I pushed you away. I'm sorry, Ryujin. I'm sorry for being obviously stupid before."

Ryujin entwine herself around her emotional partner, putting a hand on her hair and stroked it benevolently. She then broke the hug and cupped Yeji's face, brushing her thumbs over the older's soft baby like skin. "There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love. I have forgave you a long time ago, Yeji and I, Shin Ryujin, swore that I couldn't love you more than I do today and yet I know I will tomorrow and forever."

Yeji take Ryujin's hands in hers with her head bowed down as she tried her best to cease a smile from forming on her lips. After moments of composing herself, she lift her head up and look at her now grinning girlfriend sharp in the eyes. "I have been looking at you for some time and I am wondering what's wrong with my mind. There's something I wanted to tell you but I can't recall. In short, you're damn heavenly gorgeous that I forgot what was I going to say but darling, will you marry me?"

"Is water wet?"

She held her tight by the waist and spun themselves in circles, laughing lightly in a silly way. Yeji was so stoked to know that she was indeed the luckiest woman alive for being fortunately blessed with the most dorky person in her life.

"I suspect when God created you, He showed you off a little. So, I'd like to show you off too as my wife, Ryuddaeng."

"Please, baby, you're cringy now."

"Hmmm, came to think of it... is it Shin Yeji or is it Hwang Ryujin? Which sounded better?"

"Let's just combined each other's last name then. Oh boy, you're so cheesy, Yeddeong."