8

Hours went by after the little prank she pulled on her neighbour, she was expecting the nuisance next door to pester her again but much to her expectation everything seemed fine for her. The only sound heard were the sound of the pouring rain. Its peaceful, quiet and full of serenity just like how she wanted it to be.

Even so, her mind says the opposite. She was worried about Ryujin now that she knew the younger is suffering from a diarrhea that may last for a few weeks if not treated well and knowing Ryujin, Yeji was very much assured that she will just endure the affliction until she healed naturally.

Yeji lifted her gaze from her drawing block when she saw lights coming from Ryujin's room and keep her eye on her every move. She noticed the nasty look on her face while she clutched her hand on her tummy and fleed to the bathroom. Yeji felt extremely guilty for pulling a prank like that without thinking of the consequences that it can harm her.

After a little while, Ryujin came back in view and noticed Yeji who had been staring at her for some time. She watched in silence as the girl from the other side scribbled things for her to read. Ryujin squinted her eyes a bit to read the words written.

'Are you okay?'

She wanted to reply but she had nothing to write on so she just nodded her head and made the OK hand sign. Yeji scribbled down another.

'Can I come over? You look rough.'

She flipped to the next page.

'I'm worried and guilty now.'

Ryujin made a baffled face as if she was asking Yeji 'what?' but eventually gave up when she saw Yeji's pleading eyes and a new written note saying 'Pleaseee? :('

She immediately went downstairs and unlocked the door for Yeji and waited for her in the living room with her bolster pillow, hugging it tight. In a jiffy moment, the door swung open revealing Yeji who was a little soaked by the rain holding a few things with her.

"Oh, you're soaking wet. Wait, I'll get you a towel."

Ryujin stood from her position and was about to go to her room to grab a towel for Yeji but was stopped from doing so. Instead, she was dragged to the kitchen and was forcefully sat on a vacant chair.

"I'm fine but you're not so sit down and wait. I'll figure out a quick remedy for you."

"But Yeji, you-"

"No buts Ryuddaeng. Now drink this. It will help you for now."

Ryujin hushed herself and do as she told. One, because she doesn't want to provoke Yeji's anger at times like this when she's mad serious. Two, because Yeji just called her by her pet name when they were together a long time ago.

The silence between them were getting awkward bit by bit until Yeji decided to excuse herself back home.

"Don't!" Ryujin shrieked and jumped from her seat with a half eaten banana on her right hand. She mentally cussed herself for acting cocky all of a sudden.

"Huh? But you look okay now? Plus, its late and you need some rest."

"Its raining hard outside and I don't think its going to stop any soon. You can take the guest room next to mine."

"I don't want to be a bother to you considering that I'm the reason why you suffered now."

"Can you not? Just take the offer already as a token of appreciation of your care for me. You lived next door yet you acted as if you lived miles away. Dramatic much." Ryujin leaned forward to take Yeji's hand and lead her upstairs to the guest room.

"If you need anything just knock on my door."

"Okay."

The both of them stood in silence while having a mini staring contest. Being a panic gay she is, Yeji averted her gaze everywhere until it settled onto their intertwined fingers.

"You can let go of me now, Ryujin."

"Oh. Sorry about that. Uh goodnight then."

Ryujin blushed upon her own action and left abruptly to her room making Yeji crack up in small chuckles.

"Goodnight, Ryujin."