20

A sudden blaring noise from her phone wake them up abruptly. Ryujin groaned in annoyance asking for Yeji to turn her alarm off but Yeji was too sleepy to function properly so Ryujin turned it off herself before smacking her snoozy girlfriend with a pillow.

"Wake up, lazy bum!"

"Hmmm let's stay cuddling for five minutes more, sugar."

"No, I'm gonna go shower now. God, it sores badly I can't walk properly."

"fUcK mE hArD uNtIL I cAn SeE tHe LiGtHs fRoM tHe SeVeNtH HeAvEn."

"Oh my God. Shut up, Yeji!"

Ryujin ambled her way to the bathroom and did her business leaving her girlfriend laughing crazily. After a while, she dressed herself in one of her girlfriend's oversized tee and a pair of shorts. Distinct talking could be heard from downstairs and so she decided to see what's the commotion. As soon as she stepped down the last few steps from the stairs, she was greeted with a beaming familiar faces of two middle-aged folks.

"There you are, my future daughter-in-law! I'm so happy to finally get to see you again after years. Look at you all grown up now." said Mrs. Hwang with a hint of joy and enthusiasm in her tone meanwhile Mr. Hwang smiled radiantly at her with Yeji standing beside him in her pyjama from last night. She shot her girlfriend a what-the-hell-is-happening look but Yeji just winked at her.

"Come, Ryujinnie. Join us for breakfast and as for you, young lady, you should probably get a nice refreshing shower or whatever." declared Mr. Hwang that made Ryujin snorted with laughter.

Yeji poked her tongue on her cheeks, not believing that she just got dethroned by her girlfriend from being their loveable daughter. "Wow, dad. You decided to care for my girlfriend over me now? What happened to me being the babiest in the family?"

Mrs. Hwang and Ryujin chortled at her comment meanwhile Mr. Hwang gasped dramatically and said, "I think the babiest in the family is Ryujin now considering the fact that she's my future daughter-in-law."

"Fine. Whatever. I'll take a shower now." Yeji left the three enjoying breakfast with a broad smile on her face. Ryujin panicked a bit as she had never really been alone with Yeji's parents what's more sitting in the same room as them casually talking to each other on breakfast.

"Lucy told us a lot about you, Ryu. When she mentioned us the pink haired girl she used to date from high school years, we immediately knew who she was talking about. Only God knows how relieved I am to know that it was you all along."

A sheepish grin escaped her lips upon hearing the man's remark about her. She bowed her head a little as a sign of respect to the older and toyed with her food but was prompted by the woman next to her after.

"Don't be shy, Ryujinnie. I have always seen you as my own daughter. I would be very happy if my baby married you someday. Now, eat your food before it runs cold. Don't bother to wait for that girlfriend of yours. She can dine alone later."

Ryujin nodded her head timidly and do as she told. She never experienced parents love and care like this throughout her life, she was indeed lucky for having such supportive partner and now such nurturing parents to the point where she felt like she's on cloud nine. Extremely happy and utterly blessed.