A Fight for All

A/N: Hi! I'll just let you get into your reading quickly! :) 

A FIGHT FOR ALL

"Lord Vader. This is your little apprentice, the one who left the order not long ago?" Darth Sidious was as fearful as he'd seemed kind when he was the Chancellor. His smug expression made it hard to remember the Chancellor he had been, and it was as if a mask had been ripped off and she was really seeing Palpatine for the first time. 

Ahsoka suddenly felt very small. Something about being barred in a tiny room with two of the most powerful men in the Galaxy, not to mention the fact that they were both Sith Lords, made Ahsoka feel very uncomfortable.

She tried to make herself appear as small as possible. It wasn't a hard feat, she just crouched slightly lower, being such a slight figure already.

Anakin noted this out of the corner of his eye, not quite smiling, but not quite frowning either. He could never stop reminiscing about their old days together.

"Snips."

"Skyguy."

"Snips."

"Skyguy!"

She was the little sister he'd never had. With Padme around, he'd never thought about her being anything more than a sister. But now.... his bond with Ahsoka hadn't been quite like a sister, and then, it was never like a lover either. It was in a realm entirely its own. Even now, though, something had shifted. Feelings were deeper than he thought - perhaps that was why he couldn't kill her. 

Darth Sidious caught his apprentice's thoughts. His evil smile grew wider. Seeing the key to ruling the Galaxy in one little Padawan was not something Sidious was accustomed to. Sometimes people wanted bribes, wealth, position, armies. But now, a teenage Togruta was the price. He was willing to do this one thing, as long as Vader was capable of converting the girl to serve as a dark acolyte. 

"Are you willing to stick by my side, Lord Vader, as long as you can keep her?" Sidious's question startled both Anakin and Ahsoka.

Mostly, Ahsoka was shivering on the inside. She put on the most insulted face Anakin thought he'd ever seen on her. She'd taken a deep breath, held her chest up, and became completely straight-faced. No part of her would not fight this - she wasn't a pawn, or an object to be bought and sold. 

Anakin however was mostly concerned with protecting his former Padawan. He slowly nodded, hoping that maybe Ahsoka wouldn't notice. However, she was trained to the maximum of his own abilities. She knew him all too well, and watch the nod with a bubble of fear growing inside her chest. 

Sidious summoned two red guards from outside the door. As they approached Ahsoka, she realized she was going to be put in chains, something she would not tolerate. She was so furious, her face was turning red. Did her eyes flash yellow there for a moment? No, it had to be the light. But her eyes had indeed flashed. She sunk her claws into the nearest guard. Primal Togruta instincts gave her long, terrible claws and as she had run to Raada after leaving the Jedi Order, she had become even more attuned with her primitive abilities. 

She gripped the electro-staff of the guard, wrestling it out of his cruel hands, while the other guard zapped her back with his staff. She let out a scream of pain, but she turned on him with his partner's staff, and electrocuted him. With two guards disposed of, she now faced the two Sith Lords.

A fierceness in her stance, a flash of her dignified blue eyes, and Anakin was transported back in time. He smirked at her valor. Smirking was something he was very, very talented at.