" You were there?",Koustav asked his voice now cold.

"I was. You are the reason I gained my confidence. Braced myself as I am. ",Ria said keeping the bottle back.

Seeing her trying to change the topic he murmured," You loved me at that point too when you knew ....knew that I can't be yours?"

" You loved someone else not me....that was not my fault. Neither I ever came to you telling you about my so-called childish love. Nor I could forget you. Even I was among the invisible people around you at that time. I never actually planned to tell you about my feelings,if I had dared to do that, you might had brushed me too. That coyld have hurt me more. So there was no point of getting you. " Ria hufffed .

" I never got a hint of this from Tuhin too.",Koustav's voice gave a hint of an unknown emotion.

"Ask your friend. Now I'm sleeping.",Ria's demands never got chance to finish as he grabbed her close and kissed her to sleep.

Around 6pm, Koustav was downstairs ,having tea with his in-laws.Soma was discussing rather ordering Abir to bring something home, to which,being busy in phone Koustav did not pay attention.Romy had come their place. She did not know that Ria was here. She had gone to Koustav's place first,then she arrived here.

"You go upstairs. Your friend perhaps still sleeping.Go and wake her up.",Soma laughed seeing her.

Aa Romy's tea was being prepared, another time the doorbell rang. Koustav was waiting for that moment. He knew who it was. So he opened the door this time.

On the other side, Ujaan had returned home, he was passing Romy's room. He wanted to see her. The way she had saved him that day ,had him stirred to the core. Her room was closed. On asking Tarun,he answered that she had not returned. To his surprise, he felt no anger anymore. As if his all rage,arrogance and jealousy had died down since Snigdha gave him a befitting reply. He left and sent Tarun to bring somethings.

Romy found the room dark when she entered. Switching on the light,she slowly woke her up. Ria was quite surprised to see her. She never came without informing. " How did you think I will leave you the evening before your Birthday? Did you forget how we used to celebrate our birthdays? That to soon?"

She had no idea of convincing Romy that she herself had forgotten the date. Ria was happy to see her. Nabila called her too. The three were connected through videocall. The way of celebrating birthdays was to pull each other's legs and gossiping about embarassing moments. Ria's eyes started to tear due to laughing. She had laughed this much after many days. Nabila promised to come back soon on Diwali.

Romy had bought with her favourite chocolates and cookies. She opened one and forced her the full pack to eat. Ria was thinking,"Did he know ? It is not possible! He never asked. He might not even remember about my 17 th birthday."

Romy was in some thoughts when Ria clapped her hands near her ears.
" What is bothering you?",she straightly asked.

" Ujaan is behaving weirdly. Thinking of changing the pg. Hoping this semestar to pass soon. I am planning to go back home.",Romy kept on saying on a single breath.

" What did he do now?"

Romy explained her the full story till last night's scene. " I felt really low when the fact was in front of my eyes. He was never serious Ria. He too toyed with me.",Romy stopped as Ria's eyebrows knitted,in order to lighten her mood,she further added," But I'm back. All ok.....just took 22 years of my life to learn love lessons." ,seeing Romy's ridiculous acting both burst into laughing.

Downstairs, Koustav saw his parents-in laws left the house. Tuhin was also having his tea and started packing something in a gift wrap.

"Whose birthday is it?",Koustav elbowed Tuhin.

Tuhin was beyond shock. Koustav used to greet his friends this way long ago.

" Don't tell me you don't remember. Or should I say not know? ",Tuhin's words earned a whole lot of cursings from Koustav.

" Ria....1st November...Mark the date.",Tuhin answered faking anger.

"I wanted to ask you something. Tell me  clearly, did you know about her crush being me?", Koustav asked cutting the cello tapes.

" She never told me till today. I just guessed it. And I was right.",he said in a low voice as Romy was approaching them. Bidding bye she left.

" You were there for me in this entire 9 years, you should have given me a hint atleast.",Koustav had never thought of the reply he was about to get.

"What was my sister's benefit in it?What was my point of spoiling your marriage? Would you have chosen her? No....you had only eyes for Nikita. Plus she was a mere teenager at that time. When I thought it was the time, I did what I had to as a brother and as a loyal friend. Didn't I?",Tuhin finished and Koustav got up. He called Ria and informed her that he was going out for an important work.

Tuhin just chuckled . He knew his best friend too well. He was sure where he would be going.

Koustav drove to a nearby bookstall. On his way he took Titli too. She jumped on hearing the news. She helped in picking the gifts. Her favourite novels and favourite perfume were not too tough to find.

"Add some of your own creativity in this. Ria di will like it. I'll call at 12. ",Titli spoke quite bossily and climbed down near her home. Koustav was sure that his parents might have known about Ria's birthday in this 5 minutes. He slowly re-entered his in-laws place.

_________________________________________

Hey loves! Thanks for being here. Do VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE the book. I'd love to know your comments regarding the chapter. Be happy.Stay home.Stay Safe. Take Care.♥️♥️♥️♥️