𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓸𝓷𝓮 ꞉ 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓸𝔂𝓼

𑁍𑁍𑁍
CHAPTER ONE : THE BOYS
𑁍𑁍𑁍

It's too early to go to school but unlike the others, Yeonjun is already at school. As usual, he stays in the library until the bell rings.

He keeps on searching for a strange book that he read on one of his journals he didn't even remember writing. It talks about something like a portal to a strange world. He knows it sounds crazy but he wanted to find it anyways.

"Hyung, it's almost time," Soobin called him out. He knows where to find Yeonjunㅡ I mean, they. Soobin is with Beomgyu and Kai. They were waiting for him outside the library.

The four boys went and saw Taehyun staring blankly in the middle of the corridors with his airpods on his ears. They ran to him and Yeonjun clung to his shoulders.

"What were you looking at?" Yeonjun asked.

Taehyun just shook his head and the bell suddenly rang. They all went back to their classes. Yes, they are on different classes; they are not classmates. They are all trainees on a certain company, that's why they're close.

Different classrooms, but all of them are thinking the same thought: When will this day end?

The boys are not very sociable, except for Beomgyu, they don't like to talk to other people. They build themselves a barrier that only people they consider as special could enter.

Soobin is kind of a shy kid. He's more of an audience than a participant. He doesn't want to get in the way of others. That's how he sees himself.

On the other hand, Beomgyu is a type of kid who makes everyone happy. His wit makes everyone laugh and that's his strength. But does anyone ask him how's he doing? Does anyone care about how he feels?

People tease Kai a lot. He thinks maybe because of how he looks. He looks different than the people around him that's why he doesn't think that he belongs in this place.

Taehyun is a smart kidㅡ a really smart kid. Everyone finds him very intimidating. One of the reasons why people in his class are scared of him and doesn't even try to talk to him. He smiles, he speaks, but he's lonely.

People depict Yeonjun as someone who is weird. He keeps on getting hurt without knowing why. He knows a lot of things, but not necessary for school things.

These boys became each other's fortress. They seemed to be connected in some sort of way but they can't tell. They grew strings within them, strings that bond them as one. When they're together, they feel safe. They feel belonged. They feel truer to themselves. They no longer feel lonely and they feel stronger.

Finally, the last bell rang.

"Hey Choi Yeonjun, you haven't forgot what I asked you yesterday, right?" Hyunseok, a guy from his class, went near his table while he was still fixing his things.

Yeonjun couldn't look straight on the boy's eyes, he just nodded and gave him his pocket money. He couldn't tell the boys that Hyunseok was bullying him almost everyday. He doesn't want the boys to be involved.

Hyunseok gave a sinister smirk as he jammed his hands in his pocket, leaving Yeonjun with dropped shoulders.

Yeonjun stayed in the classroom until everyone left and got his journal. He started cutting a rectangle in the middle of the pages.

"Hyung!"

Yeonjun flinched and immediately closed his journal.

"We were looking for you," Beomgyu said with a smile on his face.

"Sorry, I was just- I fell asleep," Yeonjun said as an excuse.

"I have good news!"

Yeonjun tilted his head.

"We got a job!" Beomgyu exclaimed.

"Job? What job?"

"Well, the pay was good so we have to accept it. We're free today anyways."

"What kind of job is it?"

Beomgyu smiled and dragged Yeonjun out of the classroom.

They arrived on a field, not far from their school. Soobin, Taehyun, and Kai were already there waiting for them.

"Ta-da!" Beomgyu exclaimed with arms spread on opposite directions.

"You mean we're gonna paint the grass?" Yeonjun asked.

"The pay is good," Beomgyu jerked his thumb towards Yeonjun.

They all went to get changed. Kai rolled up his sleeves and cheered.

"Let's do this!!" He chanted. The other members laughed and they started to roll the white paint on the grass.

They finished their task and it was still too early. They sat on the center of the field. The weather's too good.

"Oh? Yeonjun-hyung. You got a cut again?" Beomgyu reacted after seeing a deep cut on Yeonjun's thumb.

Everyone focused on Yeonjun.

"Y-yeah, I guess," Yeonjun answered.

Beomgyu held out a band aid and put it on Yeonjun's thumb.

"Our hyung is still a baby~" Taehyun teased as he laid down on the field

"Aigoo~" Kai sighed as he also laid down.

"I'm not a baby," Yeonjun defended.

Soobin laughed as he followed the two members.

"I said I'm not!" he pouted.

"Yes, you are," Beomgyu held Yeonjun's shoulders dragging him down to the ground.

The boys spent their day laughing and making happy memories; forgetting everything that made them feel unwanted.

The owner gave them their pay and they all walked home together.

"I've got something to say," Yeonjun said.

They all stopped walking and looked at him.

"I want to escape from this world."

The members were confused for a moment but ended up with the same answers to Yeonjun.

"Let's always be together. Even after tomorrow."

-