|Act 5-Scene 1| Reunion

June 18th- it had been two days since I had left the Wandenreich. I had wanted to watch the situation from a safe distance so I had been hiding out in the Rukon district. It was late in the evening, when I felt it a great release of reiatsu. Very far into the distance, over the seireitei, the sky was absorbed in black and then the black disappeared. I had seen that technique once before, on Sogyoku Hill. I grinned, that spiritual pressure was definitely his.
Sosuke was back, though how he had done it I had no idea.

I arrived to see a sword slice Juha Bach in half. Ichigo Kurosaki stood in front of me, visible over the black mess on the ground. His gaze met mine but he didn't say anything.

Juha Bach dissipated and then he was gone.

I didn't care, none of them interested me, it was the man standing behind Kurosaki that I cared about.

I ran past Kurosaki, a smile took over my face completely. He also had a smile on his face and when I got closer he opened his arms. I jumped into his embrace, wrapping my arms around his chest and placing my head on is shoulder. I felt his arms on my upper back, and his nose touched my neck. "You're here." He whispered.

I couldn't stop smiling, he was here, he was alive!

He pulled me away from him but he hadn't let go, I looked up meeting his one visible eye. His hand moved to the back of my head and in one swift move he leaned down, and placed his lips on mine.

My eyes widened in surprise, and then I melted into the kiss. The kiss was short, but sweet, he pulled away his face just inches from mine "I missed you."

"I missed you too." I replied softly, I turned my smile into a frown "You shouldn't have left me behind."

"Yes, I'm sorry." He apologized but there was still a small smile on his face.

I had forgiven him the moment I saw him alive, he shook his head slightly "Honestly, I thought you would never want to see me again. You were always like this, no matter how much I pushed you away, hurt you, you always run right back to me."

He was right; I had always run to him. Even though he didn't acknowledge my feelings, even though he didn't tell me anything important, even though he had done things that he'd known would hurt me.

"I've always wanted to know, Aiko, why do you trust me so unconditionally?"

I had always run back to him because he had made me feel safe, he had never hurt me physically, and while he had not told me everything he had also never doubted me. Yes, he had drugged me, but I knew that it was not because he doubted my powers. If he thought I was weak, I would be dead. So I answered his question "You make me feel safe, you took me straight into the homes of my people's enemies, you taught me more than enough to foil your plans, but you never suspected my motives. In fact, I think it was your trust in me that made me return the feeling."

"My...trust?" he sounded like he did not even realize what he had done.

I just smiled "Well I suppose a simpler way to put it would be that I fell in love with you."

He had this sad look on his face when I said that, I didn't like it. Seeing him upset hurt me.

"You shouldn't trust me Aiko." Even his words sounded sad.

"What do you mean?" I asked gently, I was confused.

He looked at the ground as though ashamed "I took away your memories Aiko."

I didn't recall any holes in my memory "I don't understand." I muttered.

"The truth is that I met you when you were five years-old, not seven. I erased your memories of the first few months you lived with me, and then for two years you lived under the effect of Kyoka Suigetsu. I created scenes that were believable and made you think that they were something that had happened in your past."