|Act 4-Scene 1|Mother

A little over two years had passed since Sosuke had been captured. I had passed that time in Hueco Mundo, Halibel was the new ruler there, she had told me about the events of Karakura town.  I spent my time over the two years reading as much as I could about quincy techniques. Practicing to master movement techniques like Shadow and Hirenyaku. Then about two months ago I had heard a call. It was distant and faint but it was there, it was like a summons I could not ignore. I traced it to the human world but by the time I arrived it was gone. I wandered around the town, the real Karakura Town, for weeks. I remember feeling great spiritual pressures at some point, but I didn't have the energy to look for what was going on.
I don't sleep much, but I found myself unable to stay awake. The last thing I remember was passing out in some dark alley, next to some old looking shop.
When I woke up I was in an unfamiliar room. The walls were a strange dark green,
"Oh awake are you?"
I recognized that voice. A man was standing over me, a man dressed in a green that matched the walls. A white and green striped hat cast his eyes in shadow. I recognized him immediately, Kisuke Urahara. I sat up waiting for him to speak, he sat on the ground next to me "So tell me, what brings a fugitive like you to this town?"

"A fugitive?" I raised an eyebrow "That's not very accurate, I have been neither running nor hiding."

"Is that so?" He crossed his arms "Did you know that a quincy showed up in this town just yesterday?"

I shook my head "I don't see what that has to do with me."

"And then war was declared on the soul society." He continued

"What do you want?" I asked eager to get straight to the point.

He turned his head and met my gaze "Who is the current leader of Hueco Mundo?"

I rolled my eyes "Why don't you just go there and find out yourself?"

"Well we are going, I was waiting for you to wake up." He stood.

"Enjoy your trip." I said pleasantly.

"Actually, you're coming with us."

He was holding his cane I noticed. I crossed my arms "And if I refuse?"

"Sorry but I can't just let you go free again." He replied.

I exhaled as if bored "And who's going to stop me? You?"

I moved my left arm, extending it out by my side. I watched with a satisfied smile as my shadow moved under my arm, I turned my gaze back to Urahara. I could feel my shadow grow and then in an instant, faster than he could react, my own shadow enveloped me in a split second of darkness. When it cleared I was standing behind him "You may be smarter than me, or stronger than me, but you can never catch me." He had turned his head and was gazing at me with wide shocked eyes.

With that I let my shadow envelop me once more.

I found myself in front of a hospital 'Karakura Hospital' the sign read. I had wandered by this hospital some time over the last week I remembered. Just as I was about to walk away, a man walked out. He was tall with fair skin and silverish hair, he was wearing thin frame-less glasses, and a white lab coat over a white shirt. When his eyes met mine, they widened as though surprised "Akane?"

I tensed, taking a slightly defensive stance. Akane was my mother's name. Who was this man?

He walked closer to me, he looked like he was going to come closer.

"Stay where you are." I ordered, I glared at him suspiciously "Who are you?"

He frowned "You're not Akane."

"How do you know my mother's name?"

"Your...mother." He repeated "You're a quincy."

I kept my suspicious gaze on him "So are you." I guessed.